How to increment the current accounting period (or close the month)
New to ParishSOFT Accounting:
- When you are new to ParishSOFT Accounting and the current period was set back to a period long before the transactions you are currently entering and reconciling you will simply need to close the period(s).
- Note, the reason for the period being set so early is in case you needed to add historical records.
Not new to ParishSOFT Accounting:
- When you are not new to ParishSOFT Accounting and/or you have been adding transactions for a period, you will want to follow the Month End Processing guidelines and then close the period.
- The Month End Processing Help Article or Chapter 12 of your User Guide both give excellent detail about Performing End-of-Period Processing. You may find the User Guide on the Ledger & Payables Dashboard.
Close the Period
- To increment to the next Month, simply go into Process, End of Month. You will see the current month. When you click Submit, this will increment to the next month.
- When you are in the last period of the fiscal year, you will not close that month but instead, select the option to close the year.