This Export People Data option (shown at the end of this article) exports a data file with the name and Home, Work and Family E-mail addresses (if defined) for selected individuals. This allows you to easily copy the exported e-mail addresses into a message you are sending using your regular e-mail program (Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.).
To Export Select People, Import/Export, Export People Data.
Or in the lower right corner of your LOGOS II Roadmap, Select Export People Data.
- Select Specialized export options then, Export E-mail addresses as the desired export option.
- Select Next to move to Logos Search procedures where you identify the people to whom you want to send e-mail.
- Select Next from the Search Criteria tab after completing your Search entries.
- On the Output Destinations window, select Delimited With Comma as the Export format. Then select Print.
- On the Save As window, select the Drive, Directory, and File Name for the data file you area
- creating, then select Save.
After Exporting: (Although Excel is not our software, as a courtesy we are including this. For help, you may want to search MicroSoft's help files.)
- Open Excel or other program and open the file that you created and note the names and e-mail addresses (Home, Work, Family) that were exported.
- You may delete the rows with any individuals who should not receive this e-mail message. (Highlight the row[s] and select Delete from the Edit menu.)
- If you only want to use the e-mail addresses in one column (e.g., Home)
- Delete the header row to avoid the column titles being included with your addresses;
- Highlight the desired column and press Ctrl+C or select Copy from the Edit menu.
Highlight all columns, pull down the Data menu and select Sort. In the first Sort by field, select the
column containing the e-mail addresses and then click OK.
To hide any duplicate addresses, pull down the Data menu again, select Filter, then from the fly-out
menu select Advanced Filter. In the window that opens, mark the Unique records only check box and
Highlight the column with the email addresses and press Ctrl+C or select Copy from the Edit menu.
5. Open your regular e-mail program and select the New Message button. Click into the BCC ("Blind Copy") field and Click Ctrl+V