How to Add or Delete an Account Code Level
Account Code Levels are the Codes that make up the segments in an Account Number
- Account Code Levels are added in Ledger & Payables, Setup, Define Account Code Levels
- First, you will name your levels (such as Natural Account or Department), then you will define the Account Codes for those Levels using the Define Levels button.
- When you click the Define Levels button, the following screen will display. Click New Record, and type in the Account Code Level Description and the Code. Then, click Submit.
- Note, the Account Code for Missions in the example above has a Delete button. This delete button will not be available once you have used the Account Code in the formation of an Account Number.
- After you have defined your Account Codes, you may create Account Numbers with them using the Accounts icon in the Ledger & Payables Module.
- If you later decide you want to delete an Account Code Level, you must first remove it from an Account Number. When you do this, the delete button will display again.
- To remove them from an Account Number, go into Accounts, Quick Find, pull up the Account, click on the segment and change it to an Account Code Level. You must do this with every account to which the Account Code Level is assigned.
- Once the Account Code Level is not used in any Account Number Segment, the Delete button will display when you go back into Ledger & Payables, Setup, Define Account Code Levels, Define Level (as shown above).
- To Edit an existing code, click Define Level where the item you wish to edit resides. Then using the Quick Find pull up the level code. Once on screen simply type over the existing information with your new desired information and click sumbit.