How to fix checks in process (incorrect amount, pay item, or deduction)
If the Payroll Process is not yet closed, a check number has not yet been assigned (see image below) or you have voided the initial check, and you need to print (another) check:
- Fix the issue:
- If incorrect, update the Time-card or the Pay Item
- If the deductions or benefits were incorrect, click on 6) Edit Paychecks to correct those amounts. (DO NOT edit a pre-tax benefit or deduction this way)
- If a pay item is incorrect, go to 3) Edit Timecards and change the pay item there.
- Select 4) Calculate Payroll to recalculate the payroll with the corrected information.
- Continue through the entire process until the check is printed. This will only print a check for a selected employee who does not already have a check, including those for whom the check was voided.
- If your Deduction or Benefit is pretax you have to pull up the Employee Record and edit the Ded/Ben tab, remember to click Submit.
- Then calculate payroll again (if you have assigned check numbers you will need to void this check first).
- Remember to go back to the employee record and change it back if needed (this would be in the case that this is a one-time change). If this new amount will be ongoing then you don't need to edit the record back.
How to add a pre-tax retirement deduction
How to manage deductions and benefits
How to replace a lost or stolen paycheck
How to pay an employee with a gift card via the payroll module
How to void and reissue a check in the same payroll
Where can I find a list of checks for a single employee?
How to exclude selected deductions or benefits from a paycheck
Please sign in to leave a comment.