How to edit items in a lookup table
To add or remove an item to a lookup table or sort the table, go through the following steps:
- Go to Administration → Lookups. This module is only visible to staff members with "Parish Administrator" rights. If you can't see the tab, you should talk to another staff person with administrative rights.
- On the left side of the window, choose the table you want to edit. In this example, the Celebrants table has been selected.
- If you do not see the item you want to edit, enter the description of the item you want to edit as shown in the image below.
- To edit an entry, click on the pencil and paper icon next to it.
- To remove an entry, click on the icon of the four green spheres .
- Select another entry to merge with.
- The original entry will be removed from the list.
- Any examples of the first entry in the database will be replaced with the second.
- If an entry was entered by mistake and never used, this will be equivalent to deleting it.
- Note: only lookups which are owned by the organization may be merged out.
- Click Save.