How to remove an entity that is on the End of Year Routine but that doesn't belong there
You will be required to associate a Net Asset Account to all Entities which are included in any Income or Expense Accounts.
If you go to Process End of Year and find two Entities listed when you only expect one, follow these steps:
- Go to Accounts.
- Click 'Find Accounts.'
- Use the CTRL-F keys and in the find field enter -#- where # is the Entity you did not expect to find on your End of Year routine. Using the dashes on either side will help narrow down the results.
- If you find an account that uses that entity, click the Go button to look at the account.
- If the Account has a balance, depending on your permissions and circumstances, there are two choices:
- If your permissions allow and if you determine this is the correct course of action, you may change the entity in the account to the correct entity. If this account already exists with the entity or if you do not have permission to change the entity in the account (it is greyed out and there is no active drop-down) only option 2 is available to you.
- You must transfer the balance from that account to the correct one. Once you have completed either of these actions, you must delete or archive the entity or delete or archive any Account associated with the Entity that has a zero balance.
Once you have Archived all Income and Expense Accounts with that Entity in the Account Code, it should no longer show up in the End of Year Process.
Note: You can find a list of accounts that are in the entity by going to Reports → Accounts → List. Choose the entity or entities and run the report. This report will show you all accounts within the entity you have selected. It will show you if the account is active or has been archived. If the account has never been used you may be able to delete it.
How to configure your report using these tips & tricks