These quick and simple steps help ensure that your statements are accurate and that they are delivered to the correct place the first time, saving you time and money.
Overview of Steps:
- Audit Family names and addresses
- Audit Fund names and settings
- Post all tax-deductible contributions with the previous year's posting dates
- Print populated registration forms for member audit purposes
- Print Family and Member Statements
Audit Family names and addresses
- Find and fix any blank names or address fields in your family data—before you mail any statements. When you use the tools listed below, this audit is quick and easy.
- From any ParishSOFT module open Reports
- ParishSOFT Reports
- Click Census Menu
- Family Filtering and Sorting.
- Set Filters to:
- Registered? = Both
- Envelopes? = Both
- Click the Show Results button to view the query results screen.
- To find blank Mailing Names
- Right-click the Mailing Name column header
- Click the Sort Ascending A–Z menu option
- Fix any blank Mailing Names in your Family Directory module.
- Follow the same procedure for:
- Addresses using the Address1 column header.
- Zip codes using the Zip column header.
- Audit Fund names and settings.
- Click your Add/Edit/Delete Funds button in your Offering Module.
- Are fund names clear and accurate?
- Are tax deductible and nondeductible funds marked appropriately?
Post all tax-deductible contributions with the previous year's posting dates
All contributions received before December 31, must be posted with a that year's posting date.
Print populated registration forms for member audit
- From any ParishSOFT module click Reports
- Click ParishSOFT Reports
- Census Menu
- Other Reports
- Family Registration Forms.
- Send populated registration forms along with your Contribution Statements. Ask your families to review their information and communicate any changes to the parish office or update themselves in ConnectNow My Own Church.
Print your Statements for Families or Members
- Open Reports – ParishSOFT Reports – Contributions Reports – Periodic Contribution Statements (EOY Contribution Statements for Families in older versions).
- Click on the key icon.
- Select the date range desired (typically for End of Year Statements – January 1st through December 31st).
- Select Both for the registration status.
- Select Only Contributors.
- Select Everyone for the first time you run the statements (can choose a specific family for reprints or if only printing for those that requested statements). By default, the program selects all Tax-deductible funds so there is no need to click any additional funds.
- Select your Body of Statement (the letter that will appear in the statements). Be sure to close that window with the door icon in the bottom (Do not click Add or Delete).
- Select the desired Sort Order.
- Select the number of columns desired on the Detail Stmt Columns (3.6 versions and above).
- Select the checkbox Include Pledge Info if desired (this will display the full pledge history for the funds selected, not just contributions made during the dates selected).
- Verify the Honor ‘Do Not Send Mail’ Requests is deselected (recommended when mailing tax statements).
- Verify the Include IRS Disclaimer in the footer is selected.
- Click Recalculate.
- Select the type of statement you want (either the Detail Family Statement or Summary Family Statement).
- Click Print Statements.
- After the Print Preview opens print your statements as normal.
- Print a second copy to a .pdf file for the church records or to easily reprint a statement when someone calls for an additional copy of their statement.
- From Any ParishSOFT Module:
- Start in the upper left side: