How to set up Family Suite and ParishSOFT Giving for integration
Also described as, "How to connect ParishSOFT Giving to our ParishSOFT Family Suite Offering so donations automatically update the family's giving history's" (known as PSG Integration)
Transactions which have been submitted to ParishSOFT Giving before integration is turned on will not integrate to ParishSOFT Family Suite. Just before turning on integration, export contributions one last time for import into Family Suite.
To set up ParishSOFT Giving Integration follow these four steps:
- Step 1: Enable ParishSOFT Giving Integration
- Step 2: Add the original Family Suite web address to the giving site.
- Step 3: Map the funds.
- Step 4: Assign the integration key.
- How integration works
Step 1: Enable ParishSOFT Giving Options and ParishSOFT Giving Integration
In Family Suite go to Administration → Module Settings
- Select Offering.
- Select ParishSOFT Giving.
- Enable the ParishSOFT Giving Option.
- Save these Settings.
Step 2: Add the Family Suite web address and your organization ID to the giving site
Go to Organization → ChMS Integration
Enter the original URL (web address) the parish formerly used to access the Family Suite. The church must not include anything after the customer region name designation on the URL. Some examples of the original URLs may be found here.
https://connectnow.parishsoft.com/CustomerRegionName (most customers) or alternatively, https://connectnow.logoscms.com/cn).
- Once that has been added the church also needs to add its Organization ID.
Step 3: Map the funds
Go to ParishSOFT Giving → Organization → Fund Management.
- Click on the heading Fund Name to alphabetize the list.
- Click on Actions to the right of the fund, and choose Edit.
- Change the Fund Code to the Fund ID from ParishSOFT Offering and Save. Perform this function for all funds that will be used in ParishSOFT Giving.
Step 4: Assign the integration key
In ParishSOFT Giving → Donors
You may skip this step if the integration key was automatically assigned when integration was turned on. If the Giver's profile name and Email address match with their PSFS record then the envelope # field will automatically populate (when Integration is turned on). If the two fields do not match, then the integration key will have to be entered in the Envelope Number field manually.
- Next to a donor's name and to the right select Action
- Select Edit Profile
- Enter the integration key in the Envelope Number field.
- The integration key is the Family DUID (F_####) or the Member DUID (M_####).
- Use the DUID in this field for optimal results. (DUID: Dio Unique IDentification).
- The DUID can be listed in the Family List or the Member List screens. Or, if you click on the name, the DUID will show at the top of the record in parenthesis.
- Save the changes.
Donor Integration - how the software knows to which record to assign the donation
When integration is set up according to these steps, donor integration happens automatically whenever a donation is made. The automatic integration works like this: (DUID: Dio Unique IDentification)
- The program looks to see if the donor's Family Suite family DUID [EX: John and Jane Smith (11223)] or member DUID [EX: John Smith Member DUID: 22449] is in the ParishSOFT Giving Envelope field as (F_11223) or (M_22449). If either is the case it will connect the donation to that family or member.
- If #1 is not true it will look for a family with the same email address as is listed in their ParishSOFT Giving account and put the donation in that family record.
- If neither of the above is true, it will look for a member with the same email address as is listed in their ParishSOFT Giving account and put the donation in that member record.
- If none of the above is true, it will go through the same process as #2 and #3 looking for the ParishSOFT Giver's Phone number in the Family Suite.
- If none of the above is true, it will create a new family record, mark it as Unregistered with Family Group: Associated Family, and will put the contribution in that family record.
If the email given for online giving is different than that listed for the member in the Family Suite, and the DUID is not entered in the envelope number field, the software may not be able to locate the member and will, therefore, create a new one. All that to say, it is best to enter the DUID in the envelope field.