How to set up Family Suite and ParishSOFT Giving for integration
Also described as, "How to connect ParishSOFT Giving to our ParishSOFT Family Suite Offering so donations automatically update the family's giving history's" (known as PSG Integration)
Transactions which have been submitted to ParishSOFT Giving before integration is turned on will not integrate to ParishSOFT Family Suite. Just before turning on integration, export contributions one last time for import into Family Suite.
To set up ParishSOFT Giving Integration follow these four steps:
- Step 1: Enable ParishSOFT Giving Integration
- Step 2: Add the original Family Suite web address to the giving site.
- Step 3: Map the funds.
- Step 4: Assign the integration key.
- How integration works
Step 1: Enable ParishSOFT Giving Options and ParishSOFT Giving Integration
In Family Suite go to Administration → Module Settings
- Select Offering.
- Select ParishSOFT Giving.
- Enable the ParishSOFT Giving Option.
- Save these Settings.
Step 2: Add the Family Suite web address and your organization ID to the giving site
Go to Organization → ChMS Integration
Enter the original URL (web address) the parish formerly used to access the Family Suite. The church must not include anything after the customer region name designation on the URL. Some examples of the original URLs may be found here.
https://connectnow.parishsoft.com/CustomerRegionName (most customers) or alternatively, https://connectnow.logoscms.com/cn).
- Once that has been added the church also needs to add its Organization ID.
Step 3: Map the funds
Go to ParishSOFT Giving → Organization → Fund Management.
- Click on the heading Fund Name to alphabetize the list.
- Click on Actions to the right of the fund, and choose Edit.
- Change the Fund Code to the Fund ID from ParishSOFT Offering and Save. Perform this function for all funds that will be used in ParishSOFT Giving.
Step 4: Assign the integration key
In ParishSOFT Giving → Donors
You may skip this step if the integration key was automatically assigned when integration was turned on. If the Giver's profile name and Email address match with their PSFS record then the envelope # field will automatically populate (when Integration is turned on). If the two fields do not match, then the integration key will have to be located in the Match Profiles area.
- Next to a donor's name and to the right select Action
- Select View Donor Details
- Select the Match Profiles button.
- The integration key is the Family DUID (F_####) or the Member DUID (M_####).
- The DUID will show in the Matches ChMS DOnor Profiles area. (DUID: Dio Unique IDentification).
- The DUID can be listed in the Family List or the Member List screens. Or, if you click on the name, the DUID will show at the top of the record in parenthesis.
- Fill in the first name, last name, and email address fields at the bottom, then click Search Again. When it finds the correct family with a matching email address select the bubble next to the possible match found and click the green Match button at the bottom.
Donor Integration - how the software knows to which record to assign the donation
- If a family/member record has previously been matched with a PS Giving (PSG) donation, the family/member ParishSOFT Family Suite (PSFS) DUID will often be populated in the Giving Site's Match Profiles area, and all future donations from that family/member will automatically post to their Family Suite record based on the match that is made in the giving site (and displayed in the Match Profiles area).
- To check on this, within Giving look in the donor's Match Profiles area to see if the donor's Family Suite family DUID [EX: John and Jane Smith (11223)] is in the Giving Match Profiles area (like so: F_11223) or to see if a member DUID [EX: John Smith Member DUID: 22449] is in the Giving Match Profiles area (like so: M_22449). If either is the case any donations made by that family/member will connect automatically to that family/member record.
If a family/member record has not been matched (the envelope field contains neither the Family DUID nor the Member DUID as described above, the transaction will go through a process called Donor Match which marries the transaction with the correct family/member record as described below:
How Donor Match works
First, it will look for a family with the same email address and family first/last name as is listed in their Giving account and put the donation in that family. The Giving record will be updated with this match.
If the above is not true, it will look for a family with the same family first/last name, then it will create a new family record, address record, and member record, mark the family record as unregistered, and assign it to Family Group: Associated Family, and will put the contribution into this new family record. The Giving record will be updated with this match.