Logos Ministry Connection/Ministry Dashboard
Two powerful web-based applications work together seamlessly to significantly expand the capabilities of
your Logos desktop programs.
Logos Ministry Connection – Your members and donors can now —
• View and/or edit basic individual and family information;
• Securely and efficiently process one-time or recurring online contributions;
• View both general and specialized calendars of events, with the option to register online and
submit payments for fees;
• Receive and respond to general and targeted announcements;
• Indicate interest in ministry opportunities;
• Communicate with leaders and members of groups in which they participate.
Logos Ministry Dashboard – Your staff and volunteers can now have 24/7 access to vital data when
away from the office.
To Get Started with Logos Ministry Connection...
We recommend that you begin with one Logos desktop program and module at a time to aid your staff in
learning to use Ministry Dashboard and then introduce Ministry Connection to your members and
donors. Detailed instructions for working in Ministry Connection are available by selecting the Help icon in
the upper right-hand corner of the dashboard.
If your organization is only implementing a portion of Ministry Connection, you only need to define the
appropriate sections. For example:
Event Calendar Only (Facility Scheduler Link Only) – Steps I and X.
Online Giving Only – Steps I, IV, V and VI
Online Giving and Event Calendar (Online Registrations) – Steps I, IV, V, VI, X
CONTENTS – Steps to Take
I. Basic Logos Dashboard Setup ....................................................................................... Page 1II. Synchronize Logos II Family/Visitor Data to Web .......................................................... Page 2
III. View Member Data in Ministry Connection ................................................................... Page 2
IV. Synchronize Member Data to Logos II ........................................................................ Page 3
V. Define Member Access Settings and Notify Members ................................................. Page 3
VI. Setup Online Contributions (Also Used for Event Registration) .................................. Page 3
VII. Setup Event Registration ............................................................................................ Page 4
VIII Setup Attendance Groups .......................................................................................... Page 4
IX. Setup Talents/Ministry ................................................................................................. Page 5
X. Setup Event Calendar ................................................................................................... Page 5
I. Basic Logos Dashboard Setup
Logos Ministry Dashboard is the administrative component of the system, used to define how the
Ministry Connection website will function for your members and donors. Ministry Dashboard is also used
by your staff and selected volunteers to access specified data when they are away from the office.
1. Request and complete the application form and submit the setup fee.
2. Install the Logos Synchronization Utility on your desktop computer. If on a network, install to the
server where Logos programs and data are stored.
3. You will receive Administrator information and your initial Logos Ministry Dashboard login via email.
4. On the Internet, go to www.logosdashboard.com and login to your online account.
1) The first time you open the Dashboard, we recommend that you change your password. This link is
found in the left navigator.
2) From the Home page, select Definitions from the left navigator and complete at least My Page
Design. Check the other options to become familiar with other settings that will come into play as
you begin using the application.
3) Also from the Home page, select Administration from the left navigator and complete the settings
that control user access to the dashboard for your staff and selected volunteers. Only the user
logins that you create will have access to data in the Dashboard, and you can limit the specific
data that any user can see.
a) Prior to adding any new user accounts, you must at least define Permission Group. If
no permission groups are defined, then users will not have the ability to perform any
functions in the program.
II. Synchronize Logos II Family/Visitor Data to Web
1. Open the Logos Synchronization Utility and define a Synchronization Schedule for Logos II. Follow
the instructions provided for the utility. When you select the Sync Now button, all member and
family records in Logos II will be synchronized to the web, copying selected data fields. This does
not yet give any members access to this data.
2. Login to the Dashboard again and select Church Community from the top navigator. (Many of the
functions in this module deal with Contributions activity, which we will look at later.)
3. Select Directory from the left navigator and explore some of the member and family records that
were created. This allows you to view the data from a management perspective.
4. In the left navigator select Definitions and Analysis Settings from the list. This routine allows you
to define one or more sets of criteria that you would like to use to get quick analyses of your
database. The results of these analyses can be displayed on the Church Community Home page.
5. Select Ministry Connection from the top navigator and select Definitions and Editable/Viewable
Fields from the list. This allows you to control what members can edit and/or view in their profile.
This must be defined before you can create any Member Accounts.
6. Select Ministry Connection from the top navigator and select Definitions and Member Accounts
from the list. Use the Add Member button to create logins for yourself and other staff members to
be able to open the member records in the Ministry Connection website (www.logosconnect.com).
This will allow you to view the data as your members will see it.
7. Still in Ministry Connection, select Definitions from the left navigator and choose Member Page
Design. You can define a variety of settings of how you would like the Ministry Connection website
to appear to your members.
NOTE: The Site URL is provided for you to copy into the HTML code of one or more pages on your
organization’s web site. Your members can then link directly from that page to your organization’s
login page. Hold off on doing that for just a bit.
Logos Management Software Logos Ministry Connection
III. View Member Data in Ministry Connection
1. On the Internet, go to www.logosconnect.com and login to the member account that you defined
above. Enter your e-mail address and the password that you created.
2. Select Edit My Profile to see information on you and your family. Other areas will have data added
3. Make a few changes to your data, save it and logout.
4. Encourage staff members for whom you created member logins to spend some time doing the
same with their records.
IV. Synchronize Member Data to Logos II
1. Open the Sync Utility and manually push the synchronization routine. Normally this process runs
automatically, based on the schedule you defined, but for review purposes, you want to see the
changes right away.
2. Open Logos II. An alert will notify you that there are Ministry Connection changes that need to be
synchronized. (In Maintain Users, to block a user from getting these alerts, click on the Plus sign
in front of Family/Visitor and then Utilities. Right-click on Family Ministry Connection Changes
and select No Access from the popup menu. Repeat with similar routines on the Utilities menu for
any other modules in which you do not want this user to get an alert. Make sure the Changes
routine in each module is set to Full Access for at least one user.)
3. Open the Utilities menu and select Family Ministry Connection Changes. You will be walked
through the steps of viewing all member/family data that has been modified on the Web, and given
the option to accept or reject each one. Changes that you accept will update those Logos II
member and family records. Changes that you decline will be ignored, resulting in the records on
the Web being different from the records on the desktop.
4. When changes are made to records in Logos II, the Synchronization Utility will automatically update
the Web the next time it runs. At any time you can open the Sync Utility and select the Sync Now
button to force an immediate update of the Web.
V. Define Member Access Settings and Notify Members
1. Once you are confident that the synchronization is working correctly, login to the Dashboard and
select Ministry Connection from the top navigator. (Or you may prefer to complete Step VI first,
setting up the Contributions module, so that when members first open their online accounts, they
will have the ability to make online contributions right away.
2. Select Definitions from the left navigator and choose Editable/Viewable Fields from the list. This
routine defines one or more Ministry Connection Permission Groups with settings defined for what
particular data that members assigned to each group can see. For example, you may create a
“Child” Permission Group with access to view, but not edit, any of the “Family” fields.
3. Select Member Accounts from the Definitions list and select Create Group Logins. You then
select, one-at-a-time, each of the Permission Groups that you defined in the previous step. Mark
the check boxes if persons who are given that level of permissions are able to view or edit data for
other members of their own family. Then, select the persons who are to be given this level of
access when they login. You can do so either by selecting manually from a grid or by entering
criteria. When you select Save/Update, the persons selected are automatically sent an e-mail
notice informing them that they can view their information online and are given login instructions.
Accounts are only created for persons who have a Home E-mail entry defined.
VI. Setup Online Contributions (Also Used for Event Registration)
1. In Logos II, complete these steps.1) Go to Preferences > Banking tab and select the Bank Accts button. Complete the information
needed on the bank account(s) into which online donations are to be deposited. The Merchant
Epay information is provided in your Administrator information (See Step I. 3.).2) Still on the Banking tab, select the Online Giving button. Mark the Ministry Connect/Epay option
button and fill in the User Name and Password from your Administrator information (Step I. 3).
Click the Test Connection button to verify.
Logos Management Software Logos Ministry Connection
3) In Preferences > Contributions > Funds, mark the Publish to Web check box for each fund to
which you want people to be able to give online. This should include any funds that are being
used for Event Registration Fees if you have purchased that add-on module for Logos II and
intend to offer online event registrations. You must also define the Bank Account into which online
contributions will be deposited.
2. Run the Logos Synchronization Utility, selecting the Sync Now button, to transmit all
Contributions data to the member online accounts. (Information on funds that are not marked as
Ministry Connection Active will be uploaded. That setting only defines funds to which online
contributions can be made.)
3. Login to the Dashboard, choose Church Community from the top navigator and select
Contribution Analysis from the left navigator. Select the By Donors option for viewing donors.
Locate a donor in the grid, then click on a donor’s name to open the Contribution History page
for that donor.
VII. Setup Event Registration
The three actions under Contributions > Step 1 above must be completed before online Event
Registration can be defined. (Events that are synchronized with Logos Facility Scheduler can also be
defined to allow online registrations. See Step X below.)
1. In Logos II, go to the Event Registration module and open the Define Events routine.
1) Select an event for which you want to receive online registrations.
2) Make sure the bold-faced information fields have been completed.
3) Mark the Publish to Web check box and save the event.
4) If the event is linked to Attendance (the event shows in the list as a folder, not a page), click the
Define Attendance Groups button and then mark the Publish to Web check box for each group
linked to that event.
5) Repeat Steps 1-4 for all other events that will receive online registrations.
2. Run the Logos Synchronization Utility, selecting the Sync Now button, to transmit Event
Registration data to the Web. (Events that are not marked as Publish to Web will not be uploaded.)
3. Login to the Dashboard, choose Ministry Connection and select Manage Events Calendar from
the list (or from the link above the calendar).
1) Browse to a month in which an event will occur and click on the event name in the calendar.
2) Verify that the Registration field is set to “Y” so that persons can register for it.
3) If you want to accept registrations from persons who do not have member logins, mark the Allow
guest registrations check box. If allowing guest registrations, do not mark the Do not display in
Public Calendar check box, which controls whether the event appears in the calendar on the
4) If you want to define a date prior to the event as the final date on which online registrations will be
accepted, enter that date in the Cut-off Date field.
5) If fees were defined for this event in Logos II, they appear under Associated Fees.
6) To create a registration form that prospective participants must fill out in order to submit a
registration, save this event and click the Back button. Select Manage Forms from the Manage
7) Click the Add New Form button to open a page in which to define the fields that need to be
completed. After defining a form, return to the event in the calendar and select Forms Library
from the Manage Event list on the Event Information page. Select the appropriate form.
VIII Setup Attendance Groups
1. Open Logos II and go to the Attendance module. Select the Define Groups routine from the
Setup panel on the roadmap. Select a group that you want to display on the Web and mark the
Publish to Web check box. (Groups that have Promotion settings defined cannot be published to
the Web.) Repeat for each additional group desired.
2. Run the Logos Synchronization Utility, selecting the Sync Now button, to transmit Groups and
data to the Web. (Groups that are not marked as Publish to Web will not be uploaded.)
Logos Management Software Logos Ministry Connection
3. Login to the Dashboard and select Church Community. Click on Atten & Small Groups on the
left navigator and select the By Group icon. You then see a list of the groups that have been
synchronized to the Web from Logos II, along with the Registered Members who have been
enrolled in that group.
4. Click on the Group Description for an item in the grid, which opens the Maintenance page for that
group’s information. Any information on this page, except Documents or Announcements, will
synchronize back to Logos II. Staff members who work in Logos II’s Attendance module will be
alerted to the changes and can choose whether or not to accept them.
5. Add New Member – Click this button to open a window from which to select a person. A person
who has never been entered into the system cannot be added directly to a group.
6. Upload Documents – Select this button to locate a document on your local computer or network
that you would like to make available to the participants in this group. You can enter a Description
of the document, browse to the file, and indicate who posted it and when.
7. New Announcements – Select this button to enter a notice that you would like the group’s
participants to see in their Ministry Connection web accounts.
IX. Setup Talents/Ministry
1. Open Logos II – In the Family/Visitor module, select Skills (Talent/Ministry) from the Setup panel
on the roadmap. Select an Area/Category/Value that you want to display on the Web and mark the
Publish to Web check box. Repeat for each additional item desired. Any item checked as Publish to
Web will appear in the member’s profile when viewing from Ministry Connection.
2. Run the Logos Synchronization Utility, selecting the Sync Now button, to transmit
Talents/Ministry data to the Web. (Items that are not marked as Publish to Web will not be
3. Login to the Dashboard and select Church Community. Click on Definitions on the left navigator
and select Talents and Ministry from the list. You then see a list of the Talents & Ministry items
that have been synchronized to the Web from Logos II. These items will automatically display in the
Ministry Connection web account of the members who have these items in their Logos II record.
4. Click on the Edit button in front of an item that you wish to define for seeking volunteers. The page
that opens allows you to define how you want to present this ministry opportunity to prospective
volunteers. You must mark the Seeking Volunteers check box in order for the item to appear in
member accounts. If you want this notice to only appear in selected member accounts, click on the
Invite specific members to volunteer link.
5. Attach Form: You can select a form (created in the Ministry Connection module’s Manage
Forms routine) for volunteers to complete and submit.
6. Attach Document: You can Browse to a file on your local computer or network that provides
information for volunteers about this ministry opportunity.
7. Public Request: Mark this check box if you want this item to display on the initial login screen so
that it can be viewed by persons who may not have a member account. Otherwise, the notice will
only display to all or selected members after they have logged into their accounts and selected the
My Talents and Ministry link.
X. Setup Event Calendar
1. Open Logos Facility Scheduler, pull down the Data Entry menu and choose Groups. All groups
that are defined here and associate to an event that is being published to the web will automatically
generate a separate calendar on the web, allowing people to view only activities marked for the
2. Still In Facility Scheduler, open Event Planning and select an event that you want to display on
the Web. Go to the Groups tab and mark the Publish to Web check box. Review the information
entered on the event to make sure it is correct and ready to show (e.g., no typos). Save the event.
Repeat for at least several other events. (You can add other events to the web later, but initially,
you only need a few to complete a test.)
3. Open the Logos Synchronization Utility. Follow the instructions to define a Synchronization
Schedule for Logos Facility Scheduler. When that schedule is complete, select the Sync Now
button to transmit all Events marked as Publish to Web and create calendars for all Groups.
Logos Management Software Logos Ministry Connection