How to Change or Update an Account Type from Single to Joint or Vice Versa
Click on the Contributions Tab, then choose Change Account Type
Change from joint to single
To change an account to joint, enter the .01 person's Name or ID. Then mark Joint and click Change Type. This will make the .01 a joint contributor with the .02. NOTE: If there are any transactions in the .02's Contribution History tab, you must transfer this history to the .01's record before making them joint.
- The search will always bring up the .01
- The head of household (.01) will keep the original envelope number (if there was one) and
- All contributions will show under the .01
- All subsequent contributions will show under the person for whom they are entered.
- If there are individual contributions listed under the wrong spouse, you may transfer the contributions one by one.
- If all of the contributions should be under the .02, you may transfer the contribution history.
- If there was an envelope number affiliated with the joint account, you may want to create a envelope number for the spouse (.02)
Change from single to joint
To change an account from joint to single, enter the .01 person and then mark single and click Change Type.
- If there are any transactions in the .02's Contribution History tab, you must transfer this history to the .01's record before making them joint.