Please refer to the recent email from BluePay Support: HeartBleed Security Advisory from BluePay. After following the instructions listed in that email for changing your BluePay Gateway Logins and BluePay Secret Key, you will need to follow the steps below to change your Secret Key in the Logos programs. The BluePay Secret Key is what establishes the link between the Logos programs and the BluePay system.
1. In your Logos programs (Logos Accounting if you send payroll, in Logos II if you accept online donations) go to File > Preferences > Banking > Bank Accts.
2. Select the bank account you have configured to connect with BluePay, select the Logos Giving tab, and click the Edit button.
a. If your program is configured to use the top Merchant E-pay Account Information section, update the Secret Key field to your new BluePay Secret Key.
b. If your program is configured to use the Gateway E-Pay Account Information section, update the Password field to your new BluePay Secret Key.
c. We highly recommend you copy/paste the Secret Key from BluePay into Logos. Manually typing the key leaves you at risk for making a typing error which will prevent your system from working.
3. Click OK to save your change and close the pop up window, then click the Save icon to save your Bank Account.
4. After updating the Bank Account in the Logos program(s), open your Sync Utility program and run a sync. If you are a hosted customer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your sync be run. Please include your Logos Customer ID number in the Subject line of your email.
5. After your sync is complete, login to www.logosdashboard.com, and go to By Org/Dept.
6. Open your organization’s profile by clicking on the icon.
7. When your organization’s profile opens, click on the View Bank Accounts link.
8. When your list of Bank Accounts displays, click on the name of the account in the grid to populate the detail fields below. Update the Merchant Password field to your new Bluepay Secret Key.
a. Again, we highly recommend you copy/paste the Secret Key from BluePay into Logos.
9. Click the Save icon to save your changes.
10. Important Last Step! If your organization uses the new Logos Connect solution (your church has a donation page with a URL similar to https://sample.logosconnect.com), notify email@example.com that your BluePay Secret key has been changed, so we can retrieve it from BluePay and configure your Logos Connect site.
a. For security purposes, please do not send the Secret Key directly to us in an email.
b. Please include your Logos Customer ID number and BluePay Account Name in your email.