How to Add a New Staff Member to Your Organization
Use this procedure to add a new staff member to your organization. If an individual is already on staff and you need to give that person another assignment, go to How to Add a New Staff Assignment Record.
You must have permissions assigned to the organization you want to add the staff member to.
- In the Organization list, select the desired organization.
- Click to display the Staff List page.
- In the toolbar, click .
The Find Member window opens. The system requires you to search the database to locate the member you want to add to your staff.
A red asterisk (*) indicates required information.
- In one or more of the Find Member fields, type your search criteria. Then, click .
The Member Search window opens to show a list of members in your database that match the criteria you provided.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see the name of the individual you want to add, it means that the system located a member record for the individual in the database. Do the following:
- Select the member.
- Click . IMPORTANT! Do NOT click as that will create an orphan record.
A message is displayed either to inform you that the member was added to your organization's staff or that the member was already added.
- Click to dismiss the message.
- Do one of the following:
§ If the system added the member to your staff, the Staff List is displayed. The newly added member's name appears in the Staff List grid. Go to Step 6.
§ If the system reported that the member is already on your staff, it returns you to the Member Search window. Click to exit to go back to the Staff List grid. Go to Step 6.
- If you do not see the name of the individual you want to add, the system has no member record for the individual so you need to create one. To do this:
- Click to open the Add Staff window.
- Complete the fields to create a new member record.
- Click .
The system returns you to the Staff List page. The newly added staff member's name appears in the grid.
- After adding a staff member, you can perform any number of staff management tasks, among them:
- Setting up a user account. To do this, go to How to Set Up a User Account for a Staff Member.
- Assigning the staff member to one or more positions (for example, administrator) in your organization. To do this, go to Adding_a_Position_to_a_Staff_Member's_Record.
- Granting the staff member reviewer rights. To do this, go to How to Grant Reviewer Rights to a Staff User.
- Giving the staff member access to specific ParishSOFT modules and assigning extra rights to perform specific tasks. To do this, go to How to Assign Access Rights and Permissions to ParishSOFT Modules.
- Adding notes to the staff member's record. To do this, go to How to Enter Notes into a Staff Member's Record.
- Sending an email to the staff member. To do this, go to How to Send an Email to Staff Members.
- Viewing or updating the staff member's Family Directory record. To do this, go to How to View or Update Details in a Staff Member's Family Directory Record.
- Adding a staff member's photo to his or her Family Directory record. To do this, go to How to Add, Change, or Delete a Staff Member's Personal Photo.