- In Logos II, Preferences must be set up
- Go to Preferences/Banking and select Bank Accts. Complete the info needed on the bank accounts into which online donations are to be deposited. The Merchant Epay information is provided in your Administrator information (step 1.3)
- Still on the Banking tab, select the Online Giving [Web Services] Mark the Ministry Connect/Epay option button and fill in the User Name and Password from your Administrator information (Step I. 3). Click the Test Connection button to verify.
- In Preferences > Contributions > (Manage) Funds, mark the Publish to Web check box for each fund to which you want people to be able to give online. This should include any funds that are being used for Event Registration Fees if you have purchased that add-on module for Logos II and intend to offer online event registrations. You must also define the Bank Account into which online contributions will be deposited
- You must download and setup the Sync Utility from our website, logoscms.com.
You may learn more about it: http://logoscms.com/Ministry-Connection/How-to-Sync
Once you have downloaded this sync utility, you must set it up a schedule.
- Right click on the MC Sync Utility and select Run as Administrator
- Once the program opens, click the ‘New’ Button. Username cust# pw:00cust#
- Give it a description
- Select the module (Logos II Church Management)
- Select the Data Path that the Sync must follow to get data from Logos II and to write data to Logos II. (as shown)
- Select the schedule and time. Make sure the time you choose is the one that the computer is on.
- Your Logos Connect website is where people can create an account, sign in, and donate and also maintain some of their own Logos II information.
- To initiate the process where online giving syncs with Logos II, Church Admin logs in to Logos Connect Church Portal in the Logos Connect Dashboard, and selects the Ministry Connection tab, then goes into ‘Manage Account Registration.’ Here they either merge an existing member or add a new member.
It may take a moment to search for any accounts that need to be merged or added.
When it finds them, it will list them as follows:
If this is an existing Member, click that button so it will add it.
You may need to manipulate the search data to find the record in Logos. In this case, I cleared out the email address and it found the donor in the Logos II records.
- Sync from Ministry Connect into Logos—a two-step process:
- Step 1: Depending upon your settings, the Sync from your server runs either automatically or manually. The items you processed in step III are waiting in a hub to be synchronized into Logos II. You will know this by the message that pops up in the lower right corner of Logos II when you first log in:
- Step 2: Import MC Data: Depending on the message, import the family information first, then the donations. Until you have done both steps, nothing more will sync down and be available to import into Logos II. Any new items processed after the sync has been run will be held in the hub until this second step has been completed.
- If you do not Import MC Data after a sync, all of the new items that are processed in MC (step III Manage Account Registrations) will stay in the MC hub. After you Import the MC Data into Logos II, and then run a new Sync (IV), all the information waiting in the hub will sync down and be ready to Import into Logos II.
- After step IV, #2, the sync IV, #1, must be run again before the donors will see their activity in MC.
- To check for errors:
Even for items that are not marked as, ‘Publish to the Web,’ this error message will display. This is because donations go both ways—those made in Logos II will sync to MC and display there for the donor to see. Because it tries to sync with MC, it has to meet this MC requirement. Therefore, it is really best to put in a valid bank account for the fund, even if this is not an online choice.