How to Give a Diocesan Staff Member Permission to Merge Duplicate Family Records
This topic shows the diocesan administrator how to set a permission that gives a diocesan staff member permission access to the Merge Families utility. This utility, formerly called Duplicate Checker, is used to merge duplicate family records.
You must have diocesan administrator privileges to perform this task. The Merge Family Access permission can be granted only to a diocesan staff member with an active assignment in the diocesan organization.
- Click to display the Staff List page.
- Locate the desired staff member. Then, select the link under the staff member’s name to open the staff member’s record.
- Do the following:
- Select the Access Rights tab.
- Click to switch the record to edit mode.
- Select the Diocese Directory & Web Solutions tab. In the Other Permissions group, select the Merge Family Access checkbox.
- Click .
The Merge Families button is now visible to the selected diocesan staff member. The staff member now has access to all of the features of the Merge Families utility. For instructions on merging duplicate family records, go to How to Merge Duplicate Family Records.