How to review merged records queued for overnight batch processing
All of the duplicate records submitted for processing are placed in a queue where they wait for overnight processing. The waiting records are listed in the grid on the Merge Family Queue page. You can review the records, and if you determine that certain records should not be merged, you can delete them. This topic shows you how to review records in the queue prior to the merge.
Only staff users with Merge Family Access permissions assigned to their login credentials have access to the Merge Family Queue page. For information about how this permission is assigned, go to How to Give a Diocesan Staff Member Permission to Merge Duplicate Family Records.
- Click Merge Families. Then, select the Merge Family Queue option.
The Merge Family Queue page is displayed:
All of the records waiting to be merged in the next overnight batch are listed in the grid. By default, the records are presented in reverse chronological order (from most recent to least recent) based on the date the merge was performed.
The grid functions like all other grids in ParishSOFT Family Suite. Specifically:
- You can customize the grid by choosing which columns to include (click to select them). You can also rearrange the columns by clicking and dragging them to the desired location, and then save your new layout (click ) or reset the grid back to the default layout ().
- You can click any of the column headers to sort the items in the grid based on that column’s information. The icon on the header indicates the direction of the sort: (ascending order) or (descending order).
- You can view information for the permanent family by clicking the name link. The link opens the Family Details record in ConnectNow Family Directory.
For each record listed in the grid, the following information is provided:
Use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page to bring information at the far-right into the visible area.
- Family: shows the name of the permanent family.
To view information for a duplicate family, click this button to the left of the permanent family’s name: . The word “Duplicate” is appended to the duplicate family’s name to identify it as a duplicate. To view information for all duplicate families at the same time, click this button in the column header.
To view information for the permanent family, click the name link. The link opens the Family Details record in ConnectNow Family Directory.
- Date Merge Created: the date the staff user took action to either add the duplicate record as new or to merge it into the permanent family’s record.
- Envelope #: envelope number of the permanent family.
- Permanent family’s contact information (physical address, primary phone number, and email address).
- Permanent family’s registered organization ID and name of organization of registration.
- Diocesan ID, Family ID, and Family DUID: unique IDs that identify the permanent family.
- Review the list to make sure it is correct. Do the following:
- If the list is correct, no further action is required on your part. The system will perform the specified action for each item listed (that is, add or merge) in the next overnight batch job.
- If you want to remove any records from the queue to prevent them from being processed, select the desired records. Then, click Remove Selected Families.
- If desired, you can run a quick report that captures all of the information presented in the grid. To do this, click Quick Reports and select the Merge Queue Report option.
The report opens in the Report Viewer to show the names of families scheduled to be merged during the next overnight processing. Use the controls at the top of the viewer to page through the report if it contains multiple pages. You can also save and print the report.
If you found this article helpful please give a thumbs up below and if you found that there are things missing please leave a comment so that we can update the article
How to merge duplicate family records
How to create a report that shows merged records
How to create a merge queue quick report
How to print, view, and save reports
3767 Ranchero Drive, Suite 100 | Ann Arbor, MI 48108 | Toll Free 866.930.4774 | Fax 734.205.1011
Please sign in to leave a comment.