Step by step for MC
Non- Hosted users- Before you move forward: Make sure the Sync Utility is set up and running properly.
The following must happen in this exact order for new contribution or people records to come into Logos II. This process in order is:
- Contributors donate or update their personal information:
- In the Dashboard, Church Admin goes into Manage Account Registrations to Add or Update New Members; nothing will be available for step III, 1-2 for these people until this happens
To see the information in Logos (church administration)
- Let the sync happen overnight, or manually process the sync (Logos support does this for Hosted users); Nothing will be available for step III, 2 until this happens. This will put people data and contribution data in the hub.
- Import MC data (from the hub), first in the People Tab and then in the Contributions Tab. While these items are waiting in this hub, no new items from Step 1 will sync down via step 2.
- For donors to see updated information in their own accounts, steps II-III must be followed in that order AND the sync must run again (either manually or as scheduled)
DETAIL of FLOW:
- Your Logos Connect website is where people can create an account, sign in, and donate and also maintain some of their own Logos II information.
- To initiate the process where online giving syncs with Logos II, Church Admin logs in to Logos Connect Church Portal in the Logos Connect Dashboard, and selects the Ministry Connection tab, then goes into ‘Manage Account Registration.’ Here they either merge an existing member or add a new member.
- It may take a moment to search for any accounts that need to be merged or added.
- When it finds them, it will list them as follows:
- If this is an existing Member, click that button so it will merge the records.
- You may need to manipulate the search data to find the record in Logos. In this case, I cleared out the email address and it found the donor in the Logos II records.
3. Sync from Ministry Connect into Logos a two-step process:
Step 1: —(if you are on Go Global this will happen automatically overnight) Depending upon your settings, the Sync from your server runs either automatically or manually. The items you processed in step III are waiting in a hub to be synchronized into Logos II. You will know this by the message that pops up in the lower right corner of Logos II when you first log in:
Step 2: Import MC Data: Depending on the message, import the family information first, then the donations. Until you have done both steps, nothing more will sync down and be available to import into Logos II. Any new items processed (in II) after the sync has been run will be held in the hub until this second step has been completed.
Importing this information will create a batch in Contributions that you must post. You may not edit this batch, but you must post it for it to update your Logos II contribution records. When you post this batch, you will have the opportunity to print reports.
4. If you do not Import MC Data after a sync, all of the new items that are processed in MC (step III Manage Account Registrations) will stay in the MC hub. After you Import the MC Data into Logos II, and then run a new Sync (IV), all the information waiting in the hub will sync down and be ready to Import into Logos II.
5. After step 3, #2, the sync 3, #1, must be run again before the donors will see their activity in MC.
To check for errors:
Even for items that are not marked as, ‘Publish to the Web,’ this error message will display. This is because donations go both ways—those made in Logos II will sync to MC and display there for the donor to see. Because it tries to sync with MC, it has to meet this MC requirement. Therefore, it is really best to put in a valid bank account for the fund, even if this is not an online choice.