Two powerful web-based applications work together seamlessly to significantly expand the capabilities of your Logos desktop programs.
Logos Ministry Connection – Your members and donors can now:
• View and/or edit basic individual and family information
• Securely and efficiently process one-time or recurring online contributions;
Logos Ministry Dashboard – Your staff and volunteers can now have 24/7 access to vital data when away from the office.
STEP 1 – BASIC LOGOS DASHBOARD SETUP
Logos Ministry Dashboard is the administrative component of the system, used to define how the Ministry Connection website will function for your members and donors. Ministry Dashboard is also used by your staff and selected volunteers to access specified data when they are away from the office.
1. Request and complete the application form and submit all necessary payment.
a. Note: You complete this by contacting Logos Customer Support.
2. Install the Logos Synchronization Utility on your desktop computer. If on a network, install to the server where Logos programs and data are stored. For Logos Hosted customers, the sync will be installed for you.
3. You will receive Administrator information and your initial Logos Ministry Dashboard login via e-mail.
4. On the Internet, go to www.logosdashboard.com and login to your online account.
a. The first time you open the Dashboard, we recommend that you change your password. This link is found in the left navigator.
b. From the Home page, select Administration from the left navigator and define the User Profiles to the dashboard for your staff and selected volunteers. Only the user logins that you create will have access to data in the Dashboard, and you can limit the specific data that any user can see.
• Prior to adding any new user accounts, you must at least define Permission Group (also located from the
Administration menu). If no permission groups are defined, then users will not have the ability to perform any functions in the program.
STEP 2 – SYNCHRONIZE LOGOS II PEOPLE DATA TO WEB
Note: We recommend you walk through the following steps with a Logos Implementation Specialist.
1. Open the Logos Synchronization Utility and define a Synchronization Schedule for Logos II. Follow the instructions provided for the utility. When you select the Sync Now button, all member and family records in Logos II will be synchronized to the web, copying selected data fields. This does not yet give any members access to this data.
2. Login to the Dashboard again and select Church Community from the top navigator. (Many of the functions in this module deal with Contributions activity, which we will look at later.)
3. Select Family/Visitor Directory from the left navigator and explore some of the member and family records that were created. This allows you to view the data from a management perspective.
4. In the left navigator select Definitions and Analysis Settings from the list. This routine allows you to define one or more sets of criteria that you would like to use to get quick analyses of your database. The results of these analyses can be displayed on the Church Community Home page.
5. Select Ministry Connection from the top navigator and select Editable/Viewable Fields from the list. This allows you to define the permission groups for the data members can edit and/or view in their profiles. This must be defined before you can create any Member Logins.
6. Select Ministry Connection from the top navigator and select Manage Member Accounts from the list. Select your organization (you may have been setup with more than one, i.e. a church organization and a school organization). Use the Add Member button to create logins for yourself and other staff members to login to your member records in the Ministry Connection website. This will allow you to view the data as your members will see it.
7. Go to your Ministry Connection website (defined when you first signed up for a Ministry Connection account), and login with your Dashboard staff login. This allows you access to the Manage tab, where you can define content for how you would like the Ministry Connection website to appear to your members. See the separate How to Manage Content document and video for more detailed instructions.
STEP 3 – VIEW MEMBER DATA IN MINISTRY CONNECTION
1. On the Internet, go to your organization’s Ministry Connection website (defined when you first signed up for a Ministry Connection account), and login to the member account that you defined above. Enter your e-mail address and the password that you created to login.
2. Select My Family to see information on you and your family.
3. Make a few changes to your data, save it and logout.
4. Encourage staff members for whom you created member logins to spend some time doing the same with their records.
STEP 4 – SYNCHRONIZE MEMBER DATA TO LOGOS II
1. Open the Sync Utility and manually push the synchronization routine. Normally this process runs automatically, based on the schedule you defined, but for review purposes, you want to see the changes right away.
2. Open Logos II. An alert will notify you that there are Ministry Connection changes that need to be synchronized. (In Maintain Users, to block a user from getting these alerts, click on the Plus sign in front of Family/Visitor and then Utilities. Right-click on Family Ministry Connection Changes and select No Access from the popup menu. Repeat with similar routines on the Utilities menu for any other modules in which you do not want this user to get an alert. Make sure the Changes routine in each module is set to Full Access for at least one user.)
3. Open the Utilities menu and select Family Ministry Connection Changes. You will be walked through the steps of viewing all member/family data that has been modified on the Web, and given the option to accept or reject each one. Changes that you accept will update those Logos II member and family records. Changes that you decline will be ignored, resulting in the records on the Web being different from the records on the desktop.
4. When changes are made to records in Logos II, the Synchronization Utility will automatically update the Web the next time it runs. At any time you can open the Sync Utility and select the Sync Now button to force an immediate update of the Web.
STEP 5 – DEFINE MEMBER ACCESS SETTINGS & NOTIFY MEMBERS
1. Once you are confident that the synchronization is working correctly, login to the Dashboard and select Ministry Connection from the top navigator. (Or you may prefer to complete Step VI first, setting up the Contributions module, so that when members first open their online accounts, they will have the ability to make online contributions right away.)
2. Select Editable/Viewable Fields from the list. This routine defines one or more Ministry Connection Permission Groups with settings defined for what particular data that members assigned to each group can see. For example, you may create a “Child” Permission Group with access to view, but not edit, any of the “Family” fields.
3. After defining at least one permission group, select Manage Member Accounts from the Ministry Connection module, select your organization, and then select Create Group Logins. You then select a permission group. Then, select the persons who are to be given this level of access when they login. You can do so either by selecting manually from a grid or by entering criteria. When you select Save/Update, the persons selected are automatically sent an e-mail notice informing them that they can view their information online and are given login instructions. Accounts are only created for persons who have a Home E-mail entry defined. For more detailed explanations on this process, see the separate Manage User Accounts document and video.
STEP 6 – SETUP ONLINE CONTRIBUTIONS
1. In Logos II, complete these steps.
• Go to Preferences > Banking tab and select the Bank Accts button. Complete the information needed on the bank account(s) into which online donations are to be deposited. The Merchant Epay information is provided in your Administrator information (See Step I. 3.).
• Still on the Banking tab, select the Web Services button. Mark the Ministry Connect/Gateway option button and fill in the User Name and Password from your Administrator information (Step I. 3). Click the Test Connection button to verify.
• In Preferences > Contributions > Funds, mark the Publish to Web check box for each fund to which you want people to be able to give online. You must also define the Bank Account into which online contributions will be deposited.
2. Run the Logos Synchronization Utility, selecting the Sync Now button, to transmit all Contributions data to the member online accounts. (Information on funds that are not marked as Ministry Connection Active will be uploaded. That setting only defines funds to which online contributions can be made.)
3. Login to the Dashboard, choose Church Community from the top navigator and select Contribution Directory from the left navigator. Select the By Donors option for viewing donors. Locate a donor in the grid, then click on the envelope icon next to a donor’s name to open the Contribution History page for that donor.