About the Family List Page
The Family List is a listing of all of your organization's family database records.
Overview of the Family List
The Family List is a complete listing of all of the families in your organization's database. As you can see in the illustration below, the list holds a lot of information about each family that you can view at a single glance, including:
● Family name, address, (both email and physical), and telephone number
● Envelope number
● Organization of registration
● Total number of family records
The illustration below identifies the main areas on this page.
The organization associated with your Family Suite login credentials automatically appears in the Organization list, which is located in the upper-right corner of the Family List page.
● If you manage multiple organizations, select the organization whose records you want to access from the list.
● If you want to view records for all of the organizations you manage, select All Organizations.
Only the organizations for which you have access rights and permissions to view are displayed in the list.
If you are returning to the Family List page from another page in the application, be sure to check which organization is shown in the list. The organization defaults to the one selected when you last visited the page.
This field enables you to search for a specific family in the Family List. You can use one of the following methods to locate the family you are looking for:
● Type the family's last name or type a member's first name in the field, and then click to start the search.
● Click , and then check one or more search criteria to further refine your search.
The results of your search are shown in the Family List. For details on how to set up a "fuzzy" search, go to Fuzzy Search_Filters.
As your list of families grows in size, you will find filtering and sorting helpful for focusing on particular information in the list. When used together with the column sort function, the filters let you drill down and see only those records you want to work with. For example, you can apply a filter to view only those families whose last name begins with W:
For instructions on using the filters, see How to Filter Records.
You can also sort records on any column in the list (for example, Family IDs in descending order) in a way that makes the information more easily accessible. For instructions column sorting, go to Sorting the Display of Records.
The toolbar is located under the row of rolodex filters. The toolbar contains menus and buttons for performing common Family List functions.
● # Records menu lets you determine the number records (default = 10) that are displayed on a page. To do this, select the desired option from the # Records menu.
To speed up page loading, select a lower value.
● sends email to selected families or members. For instructions, go to How to send an Email Message.
● lets you create personalized hardcopy letters for mass mailings to families and members. For instructions, go to How to perform a Mail Merge.
● exports the Family List to a .csv (comma-separated value) file. For instructions, go to How to export a list to a spreadsheet or .csv File.
● adds a new family to the Family List. For instructions, go to How to add a family to the Family List.
● deletes a selected family from the Family List. For instructions, go to How to delete a family or member from the Family List.
● click to display the Quick Reports menu:
You can create the following reports:
Family Mailing Labels: a list of mailing labels for all families in the selected organization (for instructions, go to How to create family mailing labels ).
- Filtered Envelope Numbers: a filtered list of families in the selected organization who want to receive contribution envelopes (for instructions, go to How to Create Envelope Number Reports.
Full Envelope Numbers: a list of all families in the selected organization who want to receive contribution envelopes (for instructions, go to How to Create Envelope Number Reports.
You can customize the content and layout of the Family List page to meet your needs. You can determine which columns of information to display in the list. You can also relocate and resize columns.
For details on customizing the layout, go to How to Customize the Layout of the Family List and Member List Pages.
All of the families in the organization you select are listed in this section.
● The checkbox (Select All/Deselect All Member Checkbox)
Select the checkbox to select the records you want to work with:
Click the checkbox once to select all records listed on the page you are viewing. A checkmark appears next to each entry after you select the checkbox to indicate that the record is selected. You may need to use this global checkbox when you have a lot of families to select or when most of the families should be selected. You can then individually deselect the families you do not want to work with.
Click the checkbox again to deselect all previously selected records in the list. The checkmark next to each entry is removed after you select the checkbox again.
● Individual Check Boxes
Select the checkbox next to the name of the family or member. For example, if you are sending an email to one or more families, select the checkbox next to the name of each family receiving the email.
● Family Name Links
Each family in the Family List has a link to a its own database record. Select the link to view or update the family's record.
Horizontal Scroll Bar
Each record occupies a single line in the list. To bring the information that extends beyond the borders of the page into view, click and drag the horizontal scroll bar left or right.
The number of pages in the Family List is displayed in parentheses at the bottom of the page. Select a page to go directly to that page in the list. Alternatively, click to page back or click to page forward through the list.