If you plan to change GL Account Numbers in the next fiscal year, do so when no AP Transactions are
in process nor AP Recurring Transactions still need to be processed in the current year. Because
Accounts Payable data is not tied to a fiscal year until it is posted, changing an Account Number in one
fiscal year will impact AP items that are in process. Changing an account in next year will not have any
impact on new AP Individual Transactions entered after that change is made.
Recommendation: Wait until you have completed all current fiscal year AP activity before you
change any Account Numbers used in AP transactions (e.g., Asset and/or Expense accounts).
At that time, also edit any Recurring Transactions that impact the account(s) in question.
If you do set the Active Date into the next fiscal and change an account number that is used in any
AP items that are in process
When a CL Account Number is Changed in the Next Fiscal:
AP Individual Transactions
1. Pending Items – Select the item in the Pending Items list and click the Edit Invoice button. Then
click the Edit icon in the row for the account in question. (It will have been updated to the new
number.) Select the original GL Account number and save the change. You can then print the
check and/or post the batch.
2. Checks Written – Items in this list that use the account in question cannot be posted in the current
fiscal year, as they now show a GL Account that does not exist in this year.
3. Select Items for Payment – Items that have been posted and that use the account in question
cannot print checks in this fiscal year as they now show a GL Account that does not exist this year.
Action: Set the Active Date into the next fiscal year and change the account in question
back to its original number. Then you can post/print these items. Wait until all current year AP
activity is completed before you change next year’s account number again.
AP Recurring Transactions
Items in this list that use the account in question cannot be posted in the current fiscal year because
they show a GL Account that does not exist this year. Either –
1. Edit the Recurring Invoice, selecting the original GL Account number. This will need to be edited
again in the new fiscal year. Or –
2. Follow the Action step above to change the account in question back to its original number, then
when all current year AP activity is completed, change next year’s account number again