How to create a new family record or how to move a family record from another church to your church
Part of creating a new family record and conducting a search for the family to see if it exists in the database.
- In the Family Directory, click Family List at the top left corner.
- Select Add New Family.
- In the Find Family window, type the last name (if it is a common last name put in the first name of the head of household too) and click Search.
- If the family is found, you may select them and add them to your parish. You must determine if they will be added with an unregistered association only or if you want to bring them into your parish as a registered member.
- If the family does not display, click Add New Family and fill in the names and address information, then click Save & Finish.
- You may add all of the family members on this very first page by selecting the Add Another Member option for each member until you have completed adding all members.
For step-by-step instructions on changing a family's record, see How to view or update a family's record.