How to enable ActiveX Controls in Internet Explorer
To use Outlook to send email from within ParishSOFT Family Directory, you need to enable Internet Explorer's ActiveX capabilities.
From Internet Explorer’s Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab. Then, select :
- Click Sites to display the Trusted Sites window. Do the following:
- Click Add to add the ParishSOFT URL to the list of trusted sites.
- Deselect Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Click Close to exit the Trusted Sites window.
- On the Security tab, click Custom Level to display the Security Settings – Trusted Sites Zone window. Do the following:
- Scroll down to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section.
- Under Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting, select Enable:
- Click OK to save the new setting.
- Click Yes to the warning message.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Close your browser.
- Open a new browser window in Internet Explorer and log into your ParishSOFT application.