CNFS Family Directory - Family List: How can we separate a child member record from their parents' family record?

How do I move a member from their current family record to their own family record?

This may be pertinent in several cases. One example is an adult child moving out of their parent's family record. Another is a person moving out of their current family record as a result of divorce.

Steps: There are five steps to this process:

  1. Create a new family record. Use the name of the person you are going to import.
  2. While still on the family record screen, click on Auto fill to fill in the family details,enter the address and other family information, then Save.
  3. Make the existing member record a Placeholder member record by 1) clicking on the Member details tab, then 2)Changing the first name of the Member to Placeholder (Important)
  4. In the new family record that you just created, in the Member Details Tab, import the member from the old family record. 
  5. Delete the Placeholder member record from the new family's record. (Edit Details, Delete (lower right corner)
  6. Go to the Family Record Tab and change the first name from Placeholder to the correct first name for the Head of Household (and spouse if relevant).

(You must have View and Edit privileges to import a member into a family).





Related Topics:


Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.