CNA Payroll - Deduction: How can I refund a deduction?

How can I refund a Payroll Deduction?

If you have incorrectly withheld a deduction from an employee paycheck, assuming the employee has cashed the paycheck or has received a direct deposit check, the following example will walk you through how to refund the deductions. 

Below is a copy of a payroll check where two deductions were erroneously withheld, one pre-tax (403b), the other is post-tax (disability insurance).  

The employee Accumulations tab shows the following:


To refund the amounts on the next payroll, put a negative adjustment in for both deductions:

Process payroll as usual.  The employee pay stub will show the negative deductions, and taxable gross will be correct.


Subsequently, the Employee Accumulations tab will show the following:




Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.