How to add an unregistered copy of a family record
Also described as 'How to add a visiting family who donated to the church'
If a family registered to another parish participates in your parish--by donating, taking part in Religious Ed, or receiving a sacrament--you can add them to your family list without registering them.
To add a family without registering them:
- In the Family Directory Tab under Family List, select the Add a New Family Button.
- Enter the Last Name of the Family and any other information you have and click Search.
- The subsequent list will give the Family Name, Registered Organization, etc.
- If found, select the family you would like to have available for contributions by clicking the radio button to the left of their name and then select the Move Selected Family button at the bottom. Choose As Unregistered from the drop-down menu. If the family is not found, you may add the family and unmark the Registration Status checkbox before saving the record.
- You will get a pop-up message saying, Move the x family (#####) to currently selected organization your org, your city? Select OK.
You will now be able to Post Contributions to this record. Keep in mind, to find this unregistered member when posting contributions, you must set your Posting Filters to:
- Family Registration Status: Both
- Family Group: All Groups
How to mark an existing family record as registered with your parish
What does it mean to be registered or unregistered? What's the difference?
If I find someone registered somewhere else and add them to my parish as "unregistered", is it like making a duplicate or does it all stick to the registered record? Or something in between?
Good questions, Tom. The church of registration is the member's parish of record. It is what they consider their home church. You can have an unregistered family record for various reasons such as:
If you select to bring a family record as unregistered, this will leave the family as registered at the other church and place a “copy” of the family record in your family list. Only the church of registration can edit the main fields and if they update the record, your copy is updated as well. However, you can edit fields specific to your church, such as the envelope number, family group, and notes. Also, the church of registration doesn't see the information you add for your church, such as contribution history and which classes the student is in for Religious Ed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.