How to add an unregistered copy of a family record
Also described as 'How to add a visiting family who donated to the church'
If a family registered to another parish participates in your parish--by donating, taking part in Religious Ed, or receiving a sacrament--you can add them to your family list without registering them.
To add a family without registering them:
- In the Family Directory Tab under Family List, select the Add a New Family Button.
- Enter the Last Name of the Family and any other information you have and click Search.
- The subsequent list will give the Family Name, Registered Organization, etc.
- If found, select the family you would like to have available for contributions by clicking the radio button to the left of their name and then select the Move Selected Family button at the bottom. Choose As Unregistered from the drop-down menu. If the family is not found, you may add the family and unmark the Registration Status checkbox before saving the record.
- You will get a pop-up message saying, Move the x family (#####) to currently selected organization your org, your city? Select OK.
You will now be able to Post Contributions to this record. Keep in mind, to find this unregistered member when posting contributions, you must set your Posting Filters to:
- Family Registration Status: Both
- Family Group: All Groups