How to search for a family record
The Family List consists of records for families and individual members. This topic describes several methods you can use to find a family record in your database.
You can conduct three types of searches:
● A last name search. This type of search lets you locate a family by using their last name.
● A "fuzzy" search. This type of search allows you to locate a family by using multiple criteria, such as a street address, phone number, or email address, to name a few.
● An advanced search. This type of search lets you enter complex criteria, such as workgroup affiliation and membership status, to find a family.
- Click to display the Family List page:
- If necessary, select the organization from the Organization list.
- Do one of the following:
- Type the last name of the family in the Search field.
- Click (Search button).
The family matching the last name you entered is displayed in the list.
- Click to display the search criteria:
- Check the search criteria that apply, and then select the Close link.
- Click .
The family matching the criteria you selected is displayed in the Family List.
Click to display the Filter setup window.
Select and type the desired search criteria.
To save a filter criteria as your default selection, click.
(optional) Click Advanced Options to display more filter options. Then, complete the field for the filter options you want to apply.
In the Address field, you can enter a street name only or the complete address, if you know it.
(optional) Select Exact Search to search the database for exact matches to the filter criteria you select.
Do one of the following:
Click or press Enter to process your filter selections. The list is updated based on your filter criteria.
Click to clear your entries from the filter setup.
Click to exit the Filter setup window.