How to add a sacrament record
Go into Family Directory → Sacraments.
Select Add/Edit Sacraments.
Before you can add a sacrament record, you must conduct a search to determine that a record does not currently exist for this member.
Do the following:
- From the Sacrament menu, select the type of sacrament.
- Type the last name of the member, maiden name (if applicable), or the first name in the filter fields provided.
- If you know the date or the date range when the sacrament was conferred, select the Include Date Range link and then select a date from the calendar. Select the Remove link to remove a date or date range from your search.
- Click Search.
- If a sacrament record is located that matches your filter criteria, it is displayed in the area below the filters. Click to view or edit the record. If you want to edit the record, you can click on this link to get instructions: How to edit a sacrament record.
- If no sacrament record is located that matches your filter criteria, this message is displayed: No Sacrament Records found. You can add a new sacrament record for the member. Continue to the next step.
- Click the Create New Record button.
The label on this button varies depending on the type of sacrament selected. For example, if you are creating new baptism, you see this button: Create New Baptism Record.
The Member Search window displays. The member's last name you entered is displayed at the top of the window, and the member's status defaults to Active:
To locate the member's record, click Search. The Member Search re-displays, listing all records that match the last name you specified. For example:
Select the member for whom you want to add a sacrament record. Then, click Accept. The Create Sacrament Record window is displayed. For example:
Complete the fields on the form.
- For the Parish field, click to display the Organization Search window. Select the organization that conferred the sacrament and then click Accept to add the name to the Parish field.
- Caution: To select your parish, you'll want to search by your Organization ID (as opposed to name, city or zip) and then select the parish that corresponds to that Organization ID.
- If you do not know the Organization ID of the parish, enter JUST the zip code to the search fields. That will show you any parishes in that zip code. You can choose one by clicking in the bubble and clicking on Accept.
- If you do not know the name of the celebrant, select the "blank" option.
- For the Sponsors and Witnesses fields, you can click to display the Member Search window. Locate the individual's name and then click Accept to add the name to the field. If the sponsors or witnesses are not in your Family Directory, you can just type the name in the field.
After you complete the form, click Add. The sacrament record is added to your database.