How to edit a sacrament record
This topic shows you how to edit the information in a member's sacrament record from the Sacraments page. You can also edit the information in a member's sacrament record in Member Details.
Unless you are the owner of the family record, you will not be able to edit any Sacrament. If you need to make changes and do not own the record, contact the owner of the record and ask them to make the necessary edits.
Sections in the article
Understanding Permission Settings for Adding and Editing Sacrament Data
The following ability to add or edit a member's sacrament information is controlled by the following:
● Sacrament permissions (applies to editing only)
The higher-level organization determines whether or not an organization it oversees can edit sacrament records. Therefore, you can edit sacrament records only if the higher-level organization enables sacrament permissions for the organization in which you reside.
● Product license key
For you to add or make changes to member sacrament records, the organization in which you reside must have an active product license key for the Family Directory module.
● Staff permissions
You must have the appropriate permissions (Family Directory > View + Add/Edit) assigned to you to add or make changes to sacrament records. These permissions are assigned by your organization administrator and tied to your login credentials.
If you are having trouble adding or editing sacrament records, contact your organization administrator for assistance.
Editing Sacrament Information
Click Sacraments. Select Add/Edit Sacraments to display the Sacraments page.
If necessary, select the organization from the Organization list.
Locate the desired sacrament record by entering filter criteria and searching your database for the member's sacrament record.
To do this, complete these steps:
- From the Sacrament filter list, select the type of sacrament you want to edit. For example, Baptism.
- Type the last name of the member, maiden name (if applicable), and the first name in the filter fields provided.
- If you know the date or the date range when the sacrament was conferred, select the Include Date Range link and then select a date or date range from the calendar.
- Select the Remove link to remove a date or date range from your search.
- Click Search.
- If the application locates one or more sacrament records that match your filter criteria, it displays the records in the area below the filters.
In the following example, three baptism records match the criteria entered for the search. The records are located under the filters:
To edit a specific record, click (to the left of the record entry). The selected sacramental record is displayed in view-only mode.
To edit the record:
A) Click Edit Details to put the record in edit mode, as shown below:
B) Make the desired changes to the record.
C) If the Parish field in the record shows the name of the parish only, you can edit this field to add the city in which the parish is located.
- This feature is particularly useful if you have parishes in your organization that have the same name. The city name helps you to tell them apart.
- Another benefit of adding the city name to the record is that when you create a sacramental certificate for the member, you can choose a certificate template that shows the city name.
- For instructions on editing the Parish field, see How to Update a Sacrament Record to Include the Parish Name and City.
D) If you do not know the name of the celebrant, select the "blank" option from the Celebrant dropdown list.
E) Click Save. A message is displayed to indicate that record was updated. Your changes to the sacrament record are saved to the database.
Click OK to dismiss the message.
Click Close to exit and return to the Add/Edit Sacraments page.