CMS Fund Accounting - How to Void a Prior Year Check?

PROBLEM: You have a check from a prior year that you would like to void, but you cannot bring up the check in your current year Ledger & Payables System to Void.

SOLUTION: You must create a Journal Entry in the current month of your current year to void a prior year check.

Debit the checking Account.

Credit the appropriate Net Asset Account.

Indicate in the Comments field which check you are voiding.

When you Reconcile your Bank Account, check off both the original check and voiding Journal Entry.

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.