Remote Solutions Mac OSX Instructions
To install Remote Solutions onto your Macintosh computer, you would first need to go to the following Microsoft website in order to download the Remote Desktop Client install file: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/remote-desktop-client
Once the Remote Desktop Client is downloaded, follow the instructions below to install it onto your Macintosh:
To install this software
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, clickPreferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 5 to place the Remote Desktop Connection volume on your desktop, and then double-click theRemote Desktop Connection volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection volume window, double-click the Remote Desktop Connection.mpkg package to start the installation process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the installer from your hard disk. To remove the installer, first drag the Remote Desktop Connection volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
To remove this software
To remove Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac, move the Remote Desktop Connection application to the Trash, and then on the Finder menu, click Empty Trash.
To get started with CMS Remote Solutions, there will be a few steps that the following guide will show you how to do. The first step is to setup the Remote Solutions connection to the CMS servers. To setup that connection please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Open the Remote Desktop Client by going to Finder>Go>Applications>Remote Desktop
2. Once the Remote Desktop Client is open, in the Computer field type in remoteaccess.parishsoft.com so the screen looks similar to the one shown below
3. Now after doing that, do not click on Connect yet; there are a few more settings that need to be adjusted. You should see a menu with the words RDC next to the Apple icon at the top of the screen.
4. Click on the RDC menu and choose the option for Preferences
5. Now the Remote Desktop Client Preferences window should open and the first tab that comes up is the Login tab. In the login tab, please enter your Remote Solutions user name (in the format of parishsoft10\<username>) and password that was given to you in your welcome email. Also make sure that the domain says parishsoft10.
6. Now let’s move on to the Drives tab and make sure that the All disk drives option is selected
7. Now we need to move to the printers tab and make sure to uncheck the Use a printer that is connected to the Mac checkbox.
8. We are now finished with these settings, please click on the little red circle on the upper right hand side of the screen to close the settings window. Now we need to save the settings, to save these connection settings click on the File menu and choose the Save option.
9. After clicking on the Save option, your Remote Desktop connection to Remote Solutions is now complete!
This concludes the Remote Desktop setup portion of this Remote Solutions setup guide. The next part of the setup guide will cover installing the UniPrint driver which is required to print from Remote Solutions.
You will need to download the latest Mac version of the UniPrint client at the following website:
After downloading the UniPrint client, please double click on the file to initiate the install process. The install process is relatively simple, just agree to the license agreement and then install UniPrint to the default location using the default settings. Once UniPrint finishes installing, please do a reboot of your Mac.
Once your Mac is back up and running, now we can start the process of actually connecting to Remote Solutions. To connect to Remote Solutions, go to the Finder>Go>Applications>Remote Desktop to start Remote Desktop. Once Remote Desktop is running, you should be presented with the following screen:
Click on the Connect button to start the connection process. Once the connection is established, a new window will appear that is processing the Remote Solutions desktop and preparing your user experience with Remote Solutions.
Once the loading screens finishes, you will see a standard Windows desktop with shortcuts to your CMS products that are currently on Remote Solutions. To quit Remote Solutions, please go to the Start menu and click on the little arrow next to the Lock button then choose the option for Log Off. If you do not log off this way or if you simply close the window, then you do run the risk of being locked out of Remote Solutions for about 8-9 hours. If you do happen to get locked out of Remote Solutions for any reason, you can call support at 1-866-930-4774x2 between the hours of 9:00 AM EST and 7:00 PM EST and a support representative will be able to unlock your user name from the Remote Solutions servers.
This now concludes the Remote Solutions setup guide, which covered everything from setting up the Remote Desktop connection to installing UniPrint and finally connecting to Remote Solutions.