How to connect to ParishSOFT Remote Solutions on a PC
Also, once the computer is set up, please see the note on Working in the Environment
- From the Start menu on your computer click Run. Type MSTSC and click OK.
- The Remote Desktop Connection application will display. Click the Options button in the lower right corner to display the full RDC options.
- In the Computer field type remoteaccess.parishsoft.com.
- In the User Name field, enterPARISHSOFT10\username (1.0) or hosted. parishsoft.com\username (2.0).
If you share the computer with others and want to be prompted each time for your Remote Solutions credentials (passwords), click the checkbox at Always ask for credentials.
If you do not share the computer and want the system to remember your credentials (password), remove the checkmark at Always ask for credentials.
- Click the Local Resources tab.
- Remove the checkmark at Printers and leave the checkmark at Clipboard.
- Click the More button, and this will open a new window where you can select Drives.
- Check the box at Drives. This will make your local drives available to you on the CMS Remote Solutions for backups and copying/exporting reports locally.
NOTE: Depending on the version of your Remote Desktop Connection application you will or will not see the More button.
- Click the Display tab. You can adjust the size of your Remote Desktop. If you want the CMS Remote Solutions to display in full screen, drag the slider all the way to the right. If you would like the Remote Solutions to display as a window on your desktop, make a selection other than full screen. NOTE: You may want to adjust this setting a couple times to find the perfect setting for you.
- Click on the General tab and click Save As.
- Browse to your desktop on your own computer and save the .rd file as App Remote Solutions.RDP where App is your own Applications such as PS or CMS. This will create a new icon on your desktop called APP Remote Solutions that you can simply double-click to access your data. This RDP file saves the configuration so you don't need to check the boxes each time.
- At this point either click Connect or double-click on the new .rdp file you just saved. Click OK on the Welcome banner. You will be presented with a Windows login screen. Type the credentials (password) you were given to connect. Once you type in your credentials (password) click the OK button to be logged in.
- To download a pre-generated Remote Solutions shortcut file with all of the above settings already filled in for you, please click on the Remote Solutions Shortcut File link below and save it to your desktop: Remote Solutions Shortcut File
Mac (Mac OS – version 10.4.9 or Later)
Make sure you have Remote Desktop Connection for Mac installed on your computer. If you do not, you can download it for free. Look for a link to download Remote Desktop Connection Client.
- Once downloaded and installed, run the Remote Desktop
- From the RDC pulldown, click Preferences.
- Click on the Drives tab and choose All Drives from the list.
- Under the Login tab, type the credentials you were given.
- For the Domain, enter pshosting.
Working in the Environment
A basic Windows interface is presented. If you click on My Computer you should see that your local drives have been ported over along with two other drives. The H:\ drive is a personal profile location and the I:\ drive contains the application database files that your entire organization shares.
The desktop area contains your application shortcut icons. To start the application double click on the application icon you wish to use. While you are logged in a yellow bar is shown at the top of the screen. This allows you to minimize this Windows session so you can work on your PC.
Clicking on the X does not log you off it only Disconnects you. When you are finished working please log off by going to Start → Log Off.