Transfer from ParishSOFT Offering & Pledges Module
Use this process to import contributions that have been posted in the ParishSOFT Offering & Pledges module into the ConnectNow Ledger and Payables system.
We recommend that you import your contributions from the Offering & Pledges module once per week, or, at a minimum, once each month—before you close yourmonth.
Export Contributions from Offering & Pledges
Complete the following steps to export contributions from the Offering & Pledges module to a .txt file.
1. From ParishSOFT’s Offering & Pledges module, click the Utilities menu and choose Export to CMS Fund Accounting.
2. Enter the Start and End Dates for your data export and click OK.
3. The system will create a file that you can import into the ConnectNow system. Note the location of the file, e.g.,C:\ProgramFiles\ParishSOFT\Clients\Demo\TSL\CMSFundAccountingExport.TXT
4. Click OK and import using the procedure on the following page.
Import Contributions into ConnectNow Ledger and Payables
1. Click the Process icon > Transfer from ParishSOFT Offering.
2. Click the Browse button.
3. Select your exported .txt file from the location where it has been saved, e.g., C:\ProgramFiles\ParishSOFT\Clients\Demo\TSL\CMSFundAccountingExport.txt).
4. Click the Import button.
5. Map the PSFundDescription for each line item to an Account in your chart of accounts. Your mappings will be saved so the next time you import, you won’t need to repeat this step.
6. Select the correct bank account for the offering deposits
7. Click the Submit button.
8. Check the Selected box for each line item and click the Submit button.
When the import is complete, the system will notify you with the following message:
Records have been imported!
Posting Dates Must Be in Current Month
If the system detects any posting dates prior to the current period, it will ask you to change the posting date for those transactions.
To change a date, click into the Posting Date field and select a date from the calendar. Click Submit to proceed with your import.