CNFS Offering: How do I Edit Contributions in a Closed Batch / How do I Post a Correction Batch?

If you've made an error in your contribution entry and need to make a correction, but the batch is already closed, in this video tutorial you'll find out how to correct your error. We'll look at how to create a correction batch, how to identify it as such, and how to make the offsetting contribution entries needed to fix your entry error.

Written Instructions:

To correct a posting in a closed batch you will need to make a correction posting in a correction batch. For this process, do the following:
1. Make a correction batch (named the same as the original with -Correction at the end of its name)
2. Make a posting identical to the original incorrect posting (same date, fund, family, and amount) except for being a negative amount so it will look like the posting never happened. 
3. Then if the posting needs to be re-posted to a different date, fund, amount, or family, we can post it again in a positive amount (this will just be a normal posting with all information entered as it was desired to be).


Video of this:


Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.