How to remove a Credit Memo
If you have created a Credit Memo in error, either as a duplicate or for any other reason, and you now want to remove it, follow these steps:
First, if your login profile has Administrator privileges and the Credit Memo date is in the current accounting period, you may delete the Credit Memo by clicking the delete button at the bottom.
If the Credit Memo is dated prior to the current accounting period, you may create a negative credit memo.
Together, both Credit Memos will wash each other out.
- CNA A/R - Payments: Entered payment for incorrect customer
- CNA A/R - Credit Memo: Create Refund Bill then Delete the Bill (technical issue)
- CNA A/R - Overpayment: How to apply
- CNA A/R - Credit Memo: How to issue a Credit when a customer is canceling their account
- CNA A/R - Invoice: How to enter distribution properly to ensure the correct accounts are credited when payment deposit is submitted