How to set up the Employer and Employee Records for Direct Deposit
Set up the Employer Record
In the Payroll Module under Setup, Select Employer Info and enter the ACH Information required for processing your direct deposits.
- Immediate Destination: Typically the applicable Federal Reserve routing number.
- Immediate Origin: This is typically the routing of the bank from which payroll is paid.
- Immediate Destination Name: Typically your bank's name
- Immediate Origin Name: Typically your church's name.
- Originating DFI Identification: Typically your bank's routing number minus the last digit.
- Account Number: Your church's bank account number
- Batch Number: The number in this field is generated by your software and indicates the total number of batches assigned by the system.
Set up the Employee Record
In Payroll, go into the Employees page. Select each employee one at a time to set them up for direct deposit payroll.
- Select Direct Deposit
- Mark ACH File
- Distribute to Accounts By: Percentage/Amount (You may add as many accounts as the employee wants in this grid. The pay amount may be distributed by amount or percentage. If the employee is paid $500 and the distribute by type is amount with an amount of $400, the remainder will automatically distribute to the second account.
- Employee Bank Account Number, Employee Routing Number, Account Type, Pay Amount to be deposited into this account by percent or amount.