How to identify non-contributors / non-givers
You would like to run a report that will detail all the people in your parish who have not given in the past x years (but who are not new members either) and you need more specific details than the Contributions Summary report in Offering gives you.
The easiest way to check for non-givers is through the Contribution Summary Report in Offering: How to identify Non-Givers
To run this query in IQ:
- Select all the info you want to know about the family (names, address, emails, etc.) and add them to the Results Columns. But also make sure you include the Family DUID:
- In Query Conditions, select "Family DUID." Then change "is equal to" to "not in sub-query." Your screen should look like this:
- Select [edit sub-query], select [Add new condition], select "Contribution → Payment Amount," change "is equal to" to "is greater than" and click [enter value] and type 0.
- Select [Add new condition] again, select "Contribution → Payment Date," make sure it says "is between," and then put in the dates you want the results between. Your screen should look like this:
- Select OK to go back to the IQ screen.
**Do this step to exclude any members that have registered recently to exclude them from this Non-Contributor Report**Select [Add new condition], select "Family → Membership Date" and change "is between" to "is less than." Add the date. This will exclude any members who just became members from the entered date on.
- In this example, I am looking for non-contributors from January 1st, 2015 to October 19th, 2017. I don't want to include anyone who registered in the past three months or so, so I put August 1st, 2017. Here is the final screen of the query, and then you'll select the Execute Query button at the bottom to get your results:
This specific example will give you a list of people who have not contributed between January 1st, 2015 and October 19th, 2017 and who joined your church before August 1, 2017.