How to add, edit, or remove a condition
Sections in this article
How to add a condition
The Query Conditions panel is where you specify conditions that limit the selection of data. The results of your query include only the data that satisfies the conditions you specify.
This method lets you find and select the exact column to which you want to add the condition. Repeat this procedure for each column you want to add a condition to:
In the Query Conditions panel, click + or select the link, [Add new condition].
From the displayed menu, select the column to which you want to apply the condition. The condition expression is displayed in the Query Conditions panel.
See How to edit a condition to learn how to update the Condition values.
This method automatically adds a condition to each column that is currently selected in the Column Picker panel. Because this method adds a condition to each selected column, you may need to remove the conditions you do not want to apply.
- In the Column Picker panel, select the columns you want to include in your query.
- At the bottom of the panel, click .
- The Query Conditions field populates with the fields from each column selected. See How to edit a condition to learn how to update the Condition values.
How to edit a condition
A condition expression contains three elements: the column name, an operator, and a value. For example:
To edit a condition, you can change any of these three elements.
- To change the column, click the Column link (see illustration) and select a different column from the list.
- To change the operator, click the Operator link (see illustration) and select the desired operator from the menu. The operators listed in the menu depend on the type of data contained in the column.
- To change a value, click the Value link (see illustration) and type a new value in the displayed text field.
How to remove a condition
To remove a condition from a column:
- In the Query Conditions panel, position your cursor on the column whose condition you want to remove.
- Slide your cursor to the right until you see the X button. Click the button. The condition is removed immediately and is no longer applied to the column's data.