How to create custom mailing labels
The default label is Avery 5160. To create custom mailing labels, export the family directory as a CSV file and then create the labels in Word as follows:
- Go to your Family or Member List and apply any filters you need to to get the desired list of recipients. Then, select the export icon: This will produce a CSV list which you must save to an easy to find folder. You will browse for this file in a later step. For now, close the file. brz
- Open a new document in Microsoft Word. Click on the Mailings tab, select Start Mail Merge, and select Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard...brz
- In the Mail Merge Wizard on the right for Step 1, choose the radio button next to Labels. Click next at the bottom-right (Step 1 of 6).
- In the right-side panel under Change document layout, click Label Options in the right side panel. Change the vendor and size to the labels you own. Click OK. Click Next.
- Under Select Recipients, choose 'Use an Existing List' choose "Browse..." then choose your exported excel document. Click OK through the prompts. Then click Next. You can now exit out of the wizard.
- Then select Insert Merge Field under the Mailings tab. Select as many fields you want in your labels. Then select Update Labels and Preview Results:
- You can edit the results by selecting the little icon(1) in the top left of the document, selecting your font size and style(2), as well as anything else about the labels you'd like to correct.
- To see how your labels will print and to print them, select Finish & Merge → Edit Individual Documents:
- Finally, select File → Print
- If you'd like to use this document you made as a template in the future to save time, you can export a new list from the family directory, save the label document you made, open it again, click Mailings → Select Recipients → Use Existing List. And then select the new export document you made and the document will update with the new parishioner information.