The Settings tab will allow you to customize your users’ giving experience.
Go to the Organization drop-down located in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then click on Settings.
NOTE: if you do not see the Settings option under the Organization tab in your control panel, please contact the primary manager for your online giving account. Your user permissions will need to be updated to include this option.
(1) Allowing Giving to Multiple Funds in One Donation
Be sure to answer “Yes” to “Allow Giving to Multiple Funds in One Donation” so your donors can give to more than one Fund within a single transaction. If you have Secondary Bank Accounts tied to your funds (Bank Accounts other than your primary) you will need to make sure this is set to "No".
(2) Allow Quick Give: this option allows users to make a one-time donation without registering/logging into a donor account.
(3) Allow Pledges: This allows a donor to specify a pledge amount within their donor account which will be tracked with their donations throughout the year. Since ConnectNow doesn't import Pledge Data, we strongly recommend keeping this setting at "No". If a Family or Member has a Pledge already set up for a specific Fund in ConnectNow Family Suite, then any imported or integrated contributions will automatically be applied to that pledge.
(4) Allow Installments on Scheduled Giving: when this option is set to “No” all recurring gifts will continue to process indefinitely until canceled. When this option is set to “yes” donors will choose the specific number of installments (instances) and when all installments have processed the recurring gift will end.
(5) Donor Covers Fee: allows the donor to increase the donation to include the processing fee. For example, if your plan has a 3% transaction fee for card donations, you would type this percentage into the percentage box after clicking “Yes” to enable this feature. This would mean a $100 donation would increase to $103 to compensate for the processing percentage. This is completely optional on the Donor's side, and only provides the option for them to cover the fees. They are not required to check the box to cover the fees. It only provides them the option.
*NOTE: This does not apply to per item fees and is not dynamic between the card and ACH/eCheck giving screens; the percentage typed into the percentage box will appear on both the card and ACH/eCheck screens.*
In Settings, you will also see a section in the middle of the page titled “Important Links”. This is where you will find your organization’s unique web address to your Donor Portal (giving page). This is the link you will integrate into your website to direct your donors to your giving page.