How to Delete Contributions from Open, or Committed Batches
When a Donation does not process, a check is returned, or you find something has been entered in error or duplicate, you may need to delete it to correct the issue.
- Go to the "Contribution List" in the Offering Module.
- Enter the posting date range you need and hit "View Contributions".
- You can enter the following to filter the Contribution Results: Envelope Number, Name (Last, First), Amount, Fund, and Batch (Description). When you enter this information, the list will update automatically without you needing to push enter. You may not even get the whole word entered before the list begins to update.
- Once you've located the Contribution you wish to Delete, click the checkbox to the left of the Contribution, and hit the garbage can icon (delete) a the top of the page.
- If the Contribution was in a batch that is Open, Committed, or a Non-Committed Quick Entry, then deleting it will cause the batch to now be unbalanced. To correct this, you will have to go to "Batches" and locate the affected batch. Click the "Edit Batch" icon to the left of the batch and edit the "Cash Total" for the batch so that it no longer takes the missing contribution amount into account (i.e. minus the deleted contribution amount from the cash total).
You've now successfully deleted a contribution and removed its amount from any related batch totals.