How to Create a Report of Contributions Posted to a Specific Fund
The Contributions Postings report includes contributions posted to selected funds within the date range you specify.
The following procedure shows you how to create a report that includes contributions made to specific funds selected in the report setup. If you want to create a report of today's postings only, go to How to Create a Report of Today's Postings, or a report of postings made during or a specific time period, go to How to Create a Contribution Postings Report for a Given Date Range.
- Click to display the Offering Reports page.
- If you manage several organizations, select the desired organization from the Organization list.
- From the Category menu, select Contributions. Then, select Postings option from the Report menu.
A list of funds is displayed in the Postings section on the right. For example:
- To set up the report, complete the following:
- Select the funds to include in the report. Do one of the following:
- Select the funds one at a time. To do this, select the checkbox next to each fund you want to include in the report.
If the fund list is long, try using the column header filters to locate the fund or funds you want to work with.
- Select all of the funds. To do this, select the All Funds checkbox in the header (the checkbox to the left of the Fund#).
Be aware that selecting the All Funds checkbox includes only those funds on the page you are viewing. If you want to include all of your organization’s funds in the report, you must first select the All Funds checkbox (you can select it on any setup page). Then, select the Select all records link that appears above the list of funds.
- Specify a date range for the contributions you want to include in the report. To do this, click inside the Start Date and to fields and respectively select a date from the calendar. Alternatively, type the desired date into each field.
If you do not want to specify a date range, deselect both the Start Date and to checkboxes.
- In the Giving section, leave the Include $0 Contributions box selected if you want to include zero-dollar ($0.00) contributions in the report. If you do not want to include zero-dollar ($0.00) contributions in the report, deselect this checkbox.
- In the Sorting section, specify how you want to organize the information in the report.
By default, the report displays the information by date in descending order (primary sort) and then by family name in descending order (secondary sort). If you select a different sort option, any future reports you generate use your selection for the primary sort until you change it. To view a description of the sort options available for this report, go to Sort Options for the Contribution Postings Report.
- Click to display the report in the Report Viewer.
If the report does not display, check your browser settings to make sure that pop-up settings are enabled. Then, click again.
- Use the toolbar controls to page through the report, export it and save it to disk, or print it.
The standard report outputs are as follows: PDF, XLS, RTF, MHT, Text, CSV, Image.
Following are excerpts from a Contribution Postings report. The postings are grouped in alphabetic order by fund. Within each fund group, you can see details for each contribution made, including the giver's name (presented in alphabetic order), envelope number, contribution amount, fund name, and check number (if available). If you chose to include zero-dollar ($0.00) contributions in the report, those are listed.
Following the per-fund details, the report provides a summary of the contribution data for each selected fund. The summary includes the following information about the contributions posted during the specified date range:
Total number of contributions posted
Total dollar amount given
Number of contributing families
Average family total
The report also includes a grand total of contributions to all funds (based on your filter selections).