How to add a discount item to your Invoice Items library
A discount item is a fixed amount discount that you can add as a line item to an invoice. You can add the discount when you create a new invoice or add it to an existing invoice.
Click Invoice Items.
In the toolbar, click +.
The Create New Item window opens:
- Specify details of the invoice item:
- An asterisk (*) indicates a required field.
- Description: a descriptive name for the item, for example, "Tuition Discount for Multiple Students."
- The description you provide appears on your reports, invoices, and statements.
- Unit Price: the discount amount.
- Fund: the fund the invoice item is associated with.
- Item Options: select the Discount Item checkbox to indicate that the item is a discount item.
- The amount in the Unit Price field is now displayed in red text to indicate that the amount is a discount. The application will automatically apply it as a negative amount to the invoice.
- Click Create New Item.
- The invoice item is added to the Invoice Items list.
- The unit price for the item is displayed in parentheses and in red text to indicate that it is a negative number. For example: