How to refund a transaction
Kiosk donations cannot be refunded from the refund feature. Those are refunded by special request through support.
Refunds are only possible after the transaction has cleared. This can take up to 10 days.
You may refund any gift as long as the account is still active no matter how far back the gift was given.
- To refund a transaction go to Reports → Transactions
- If desired you may search for the donor by name by either using the Search bot in the top right corner or the Advanced Search next to it.
- Locate your donor’s transaction then click on the Action drop-down and Choose Full Refund.
- When the message pops up to ask confirmation, type REFUND in all caps. That will allow you to click the Confirm Refund.
- Credit/Debit card refunds will be credited to the donor’s account within 1-2 business days.
- ACH/eCheck donations take longer to process, so you will not have the option to refund the transaction until 10 business days after the donation has been submitted. This ensures the church does not credit the donor's account without receiving the gift first. This donor's account will then be refunded within 3-5 business days.