Add Family Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when entering a zip code
- Please follow these instructions to resolve this error:
- Clear the zip code field.
- Type in 0000000 and hit TAB. This will open the Postal Code search window.
- From the search, type the zip code, city, and state and click Search.
- Choose the entry that has complete and correct information.
Why this error occurs
This error occurs when a zip code has been entered with incomplete information. In Family Suite, a parish staff member can add a custom city and state entry to match a zip code. If Family Suite is attempting to read that zip code, it will fail with this error.