How to generate a pledge statement
Sections in this article
Step 1. How to set up your pledge statements
- In Offering → Reports
- If you manage more than one organization, select the organization.
- On the left side of the screen under Select Report, click Pledges.
- Under Report select Statements.
- On the right side of the screen, you will progress through each tab starting with Fund and ending with Givers, selecting the options on each screen that meet your goals. The Statement Summary section in the lower left summarizes the selections you make on each of the tabs.
- Starting on the Fund tab, select the fund for which you want to create pledge statements.
- In the Filters Tab, fill in each field: Date, Family Filters, Pledge Filters, Balance Filters.
- In the Template tab, you may create a customized message to accompany your statements. You can also add a signature image which you must create and save to your hard drive beforehand. These tasks are optional.
- Statement Dates: The Statement Date is the date on which the statements are generated. The Payment Due On is the date the payment is due or the date on which the remittance must be postmarked.
- Body of Statement: You have several options here to create a new letter (New Template) or pull up one that you have used from this application in the past (when you click the drop-down arrow, you will see the name of your saved file if you have one).
- Advance to the Givers Tab and select the names of the donors to whom you want to send the pledge statement.
- Preview the statements by clicking View Statements.
Step 2. How to print, view, and save the statements
After you click View Statements, the statements you created are shown in the Report Viewer. Use the toolbar controls at the top of the Report Viewer to page through the report or to save, export, or print it.
Following is an example of a Pledge Statement that contains a personal message along with pledge details. The bottom of the statement contains a tear-off portion that the giver can return along with the pledge payment. brz
Step 3. How to print mailing labels
- Click Givers to display the Givers tab.
- Individually select the givers you are mailing statements to. Alternatively, click the checkbox in the header (next to the Family Name header) to select all givers.
- In the bottom-right, click Print Labels. The Report Viewer opens to let you preview the labels before printing the whole set. Labels are sorted and printed in A to Z order by last name.
- To print, do one of the following:
- Click to print all of the mailing labels.
- Click to print the current page of labels only.