How to close a batch
To close a batch
- Both the cash balance and pledge balance must equal $0.00
- Permissions must be granted to your login.
- You must be the batch owner.
Assuming both of those caveat's are taken into account, start by going to Offering → Batches.
Closing a Batch
- Locate the batch you want to close. If you have a lot of batches, try using one of these methods to find it: (see image above)
- Type the first few letters of the batch name in the Batch column header field.
- Narrow down your search by selecting an option from the Status drop-down list. For example, to see committed batches only, select the Committed option.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the batch. (A) Then follow these steps:
- Click Close Batch(es).(B)
- When prompted to confirm your request to close the batch, click OK.(C)
- Click Close to exit the window.
The Cash Balance total and the Pledge Balance total for the batch must equal $0.00. If the batch is out of balance, a message informing you of this requirement is displayed. To learn how to update either of these balances, click here.
To close a batch, you must have Offering View + Add/Edit + Close Batch access rights assigned to your login credentials. Access rights are assigned in the Administration module. Access to this module is restricted to organization administrators only.