How to split names in a family list CSV export
- Go to the Family List in the Family Directory module.
- Filter for your Registered Active families.
- Export the list to a CSV format.
- Save the file then open it in Excel.
- Once in Excel select the column to the RIGHT of the Family Name column.
- Right click and choose insert. This should insert a blank column to the right of the Family names (if there are names separated with more than one comma, inserting 2 or more blank columns will be necessary).
- Next highlight the Family names column and go to the Data tab.
- Select Text to Columns.
- When the Convert Text to Columns Wizard appears there will be 3 Steps.
- On Step 1 ensure Delimited is selected.
- On Step 2 uncheck the Tab checkbox and select the Comma checkbox.Click Finish.
- This will skip the unnecessary Step 3 and separate the names field into two columns one each for wherever there was a comma for the split.
- Delete any unnecessary columns and Save the file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.