How to update your ParishSOFT software to version 4.3.8
Detailed below are the instructions for updating to version 4.3.8 of the ParishSOFT suite. All of your modules will update at once, you don’t need to do them separately (except for ParishIQ). If there are other computers in your parish, they will also need to run the update in order to use the updated database. It is recommended to update the main computer first, and to set aside some time to complete the process on all computers.
- Back up your database and report files.
- Close out of all ParishSOFT modules.
- Open a web browser and go to our file transfer protocol site.
- Log in using Username: help Password: Help4You
- Click on the Folder: Update Packages
- Select your version (4.3.8)
- When the file has finished downloading make sure you and all others are out of all ParishSOFT applications.
- Open your Downloads(1) folder and locate the parishsuiteupdate438.exe(2) file. Right-click on the file, and click Run as administrator(3).
- Follow the prompts through the update.
- Be sure to enter the following password exactly to open this zip file: PS438
- When it asks if you wish to overwrite this file select Yes to All.
- When the software update completes, open any module of ParishSOFT, it will take longer to load the first time because it is updating all the modules on your computer.
- Your software has been updated! Repeat steps 2-7 for every computer at your church or Copy the ParishSuiteUpdate438.exe to the SharedUpdates folder at your database location.
- You can find your database location listed on the About screen just above the ParishSOFT Information button.
- This will allow any other computers running ParishSOFT to easily update their software.