How to add Text Giving to our account
How it works
Text Giving is a powerful and convenient way for your donors to give to your organization. Below is an explanation of how Text Giving works and how to get started:
- Your organization will be assigned its own unique 10-digit mobile number from your local area code to use with your text-to-give account. It’s important to note that this number is unique to you and is not shared with any other customers. Your donors will be able to save this number to their phone’s contact list for easy access.
- To make a donation, your donors will text an amount to your unique mobile number.
- The first time a donor texts your text-to-give mobile number, they will receive a response text from our service prompting the donor to register via a secure registration link. This link will load a secure registration portal that is completed through the donor’s mobile browser, and will assign their mobile number to your organization and allow them to provide the credit card number they would like to use for text giving.
- Donors will get a text confirmation that their donation and registration was successful.
- Donors who text donations and donate online (or through the mobile web interface) will have all of their history tied to their account.
- The next time the donor wants to text a gift, they simply text the amount to your number; their card information is stored securely within our service. There is no need for the donor to re-type card information every time they give via text.
- Text donations are NOT settled by their cellular service carrier. Text donations are processed and settled by your existing account with us. These transactions will settle in the same manner and speed as your online donations.
Text Giving Fees:
- There is no setup fee.
- Monthly Fee: $5.00.
- No additional transaction fees are added to your account.
How to set up text giving
- Check the box that says “Enable Text Giving”
- Click Search for Number to find available numbers in the your area and choose your number.
- As indicated in the screenshot below, it is recommended to search for your number based on the area code of your organization’s location.
After clicking the number you prefer, it will prefill in the Reserved Phone Number field.
From here, you can also:
- (5) Update the text confirmation message that your donors will receive
- (6) Control if you would like donors to be able to text gifts to a fund not in your Fund Management settings
(7) Click Save Settings to save your number and settings, and to enable the Text Giving feature.