How to add Text Giving to your account
How to set up text giving
- Go to the Settings menu in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose the menu option for Text Giving.
- On the Text Giving page, check the box that says “Enable Text Giving...”
- Choose a phone number that your donors will use for Text Giving. Click Search For Number.
- This will bring you into the Text Giving Phone Number window. Begin typing a number and click Search in order to bring up a list of available numbers with those digits.
- When you've found a number you like, select it.
- This will insert the number into the Reserved Phone Number field on the Text Giving page.
- If you have multiple campuses in ParishSOFT Giving, you'll next have to choose whether this number will be for all of your campuses, or just for a single one. This option allows you to have a different text giving number for the church daycare or mission, versus the main parish.
- Next, you may edit the Text Confirmation Message sent to your donors when they give over text. There is a 160 character limit for this message template, and you can return to the Text Giving page to update the message at any time.
- For the prompt, "Do you want your donors to be able to give to a fund not in your settings?" - set this to No. This ensures that any funds you choose to exclude from text giving in Fund Management will not be able to receive gifts over Text. This can be useful for excluding non-tax deductible funds like Religious Education Tuition.
- Click Save Settings to save your number and settings, and to enable the Text Giving feature.
- Once you do, you will then be able to see any available campuses on your giving system, and the numbers applied to them. If you do not have campuses, you will only see your organization and your new Text Giving Number.
Once the Text Giving Number has been saved, your donors can begin using it immediately. Just distribute this number to your donors, and you’re ready to receive text donations.
How it works
Text Giving is a powerful and convenient way for your donors to give to your organization. Below is an explanation of how Text Giving works and how to get started:
- Your organization will be assigned its own unique 10-digit mobile number from your local area code to use with your text-to-give account. It’s important to note that this number is unique to you and is not shared with any other customers. Your donors will be able to save this number to their phone’s contact list for easy access.
- To make a donation, your donors will text an amount to your unique mobile number.
- The first time a donor texts your text-to-give mobile number, they will receive a response text from our service prompting the donor to register via a secure registration link. This link will load a secure registration portal that is completed through the donor’s mobile browser and will assign their mobile number to your organization and allow them to provide the credit card number they would like to use for text giving.
- Donors will get a text confirmation that their donation and registration was successful.
- Donors who text donations and donate online (or through the mobile web interface) will have all of their history tied to their account.
- The next time the donor wants to text a gift, they simply text the amount to your number; their card information is stored securely within our service. There is no need for the donor to re-type card information every time they give via text.
- Text donations are NOT settled by their cellular service carrier. Text donations are processed and settled by your existing account with us. These transactions will settle in the same manner and speed as your online donations.
Text Giving Fees:
- There is no setup fee.
- If you only have one Text giving number, it is included in your monthly software and security license. Additional phone numbers: $5.00 per number per month.
- No additional transaction fees are added to your account. Your donations through text giving process at the same rate as your other online donations.